1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nadellii

In Greece, many many people will have the same names. It is common to meet 4 Yannis, Yorgos, Konstantinas, and Marias in one day! Because of this, and because Greeks are affectionate, we like to have many nicknames for the ones we love. Check out this video which hilariously shows all of the different nicknames (serious and silly) that Greek people will call each other.

k_tsoukalas

In Greece, many many people will have the same names. It is common to meet 4 Yannis, Yorgos, Konstantinas, and Marias in one day! Because of this, and because Greeks are affectionate, we like to have many nicknames for the ones we love. Check out this video which hilariously shows all of the different nicknames (serious and silly) that Greek people will call each other.

I love Greek nicknames! They're so amazing. They often have nothing to do with the original name, either.

Buy an official IELTS|TOEFL certificate. ([email protected])

If you are planning to study, work or live abroad, IELTS can help you get there!

We provide requisite assistance to those who, for one reason or another cannot take the TOEFL, PTE, test or obtain the desired score demanded by institutions, employers, or embassies.👩‍🎓♻️

Contact via
Telegram: ............ Registraboard
0b.jpg

Greek Wedding Traditions for Weddings in Greece?

I am in research mode. My wedding is next year and I feel like I am behind. I am not Greek or an Orthodox Christian, but I love Greece and the culture. Are there any traditions that it might be fun if I incorporate into the ceremony or the celebrations? I am not sure where to start!

Things to Know When Visiting Greece?

I found this article very helpful... I am going soon and this isn't my first time, but I still fond this helpful:

Do you have anything to add t this list? #3 - find your latest alike - really caught my eye. I am a photographer so this is a work/play type of trip and I bet I can get some great slice of life shots there.

Many Greeks are having their weddings and baptizing their children on the same day

This is becoming more and more popular as people are getting remarried or having children without being married. A few friends of mine have had their weddings and baptizes their children at the same time. It is a new tradition that is gaining popularity, although it is definitely not traditional and some Greek people may frown upon it. Personally, I see no problem in it and I love attending these ceremonies.

Should I Bring Something to a Greek-Australian Dinner Party?

I am of Greek descent but I was born in Australia. Although my name sounds very Greek, I didn't actually grow up close to the culture. I am invited to a dinner party to a friend's house, and they have only just moved from Greece. Of course, I always went to dinner parties put on my family, but this is different. Usually my family would tell me what to bring and I don't have to think about gifts. What do you bring to a friend's house during a dinner party? Wine? Food?
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter