1 - 18 of 18 Posts

kosta_karapinotis

Now that summer is basically over...when is everyone planning to go to Greece again? Is anyone planning to visit for Christmas or Easter??

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

I'll definitely be there next June for a bit...

Reactions: nm1999

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Our vote is nice and long Summer 2022 trip to Greece! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

Jerry s

July next year...

Reactions: Hash and nm1999

nm1999

I'm thinking of going in April/May to see what Greece is like during the off season

Vangelis

I'm fully vaccinated, have a current passport, all ready to go for 3 months (fully paid coz I haven't used up my leave over the past 2 years), just waiting for Australian international borders to open. I'm hoping I can buy tickets late this year or early next year. I can't wait to spend time in Athens again and go and visit some islands. Also planning to fly to Paris for about a week. Hopefully it will become reality and not stay a dream...

Jerry s

I'm fully vaccinated, have a current passport, all ready to go for 3 months (fully paid coz I haven't used up my leave over the past 2 years), just waiting for Australian international borders to open. I'm hoping I can buy tickets late this year or early next year. I can't wait to spend time in Athens again and go and visit some islands. Also planning to fly to Paris for about a week. Hopefully it will become reality and not stay a dream...
I'm fully vaccinated as well and live in AU, partially locked down at the moment.
I'm hoping to travel to Europe next July but I'm not booking flights until very close to the time I will fly out . Even pre Covid I never book far ahead.

francescool

Im thinking next summer as well :)

Hash

Now that summer is basically over...when is everyone planning to go to Greece again? Is anyone planning to visit for Christmas or Easter??
Nice positive posting.... Yeahhhhhhhh.....I had my Second Pfizer shot this week....as I write going through the side effects.......So let's see what next summer brings! Kalley Mera ollus! ❤️❤️

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

Nice positive posting.... Yeahhhhhhhh.....I had my Second Pfizer shot this week....as I write going through the side effects.......So let's see what next summer brings! Kalley Mera ollus! ❤️❤️
Congrats!! I hope you get better soon :) so we can all have fun in Greece again

Vangelis

I'm fully vaccinated as well and live in AU, partially locked down at the moment.
I'm hoping to travel to Europe next July but I'm not booking flights until very close to the time I will fly out . Even pre Covid I never book far ahead.
Hey Jerry, hope the borders open up so that we in AU can travel to Greece next year. I'm curious about how you book flights. I usually book for the next Greek summer in Nov/Dec the year before (about 6 months before I fly). That's when the offers seem to be best. I usually fly Emirates and it costs me about $2k per return ticket.

I'd be interested to know how you book your tickets so close to the date and how much they cost you.

All the best,
Vangelis

Jerry s

Hi Vangelis,
You have a P.M.

Hash

Last edited:

k_tsoukalas

I have no plans as of yet, but I might have a wedding in Greece next summer to go to, so that will be fun. I have never attending a wedding in Greece!

Hash

I have no plans as of yet, but I might have a wedding in Greece next summer to go to, so that will be fun. I have never attending a wedding in Greece!
I have been to many weddings in 25 years.... most of them all nighters into the next day and beyond, beautiful church ceremonies....The biggest was with easily over 1000 people, different parts of the evening....Unbelievably energetic celebrations...❤️❤️.. Let us know how you enjoy yourself....I want to post a video but I must ask my Doctor friend before I do this!

Reactions: xmelissaa

xmelissaa

I have been to many weddings in 25 years.... most of them all nighters into the next day and beyond, beautiful church ceremonies....The biggest was with easily over 1000 people, different parts of the evening....Unbelievably energetic celebrations...❤️❤️.. Let us know how you enjoy yourself....I want to post a video but I must ask my Doctor friend before I do this!
Wow, an all nighter wedding sounds amazing. Watching the sunset with the happy bride and groom, how beautiful

Hash

Wow, an all nighter wedding sounds amazing. Watching the sunset with the happy bride and groom, how beautiful
And sunrise!!,hung over but early breakfast and the celebrations continue!Kritiki musici.....We went prepared.... took change of clothes etc..♥️😂😂

Last edited:
Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

And sunrise!!,hung over but early breakfast and the celebrations continue!Kritiki musici.....We went prepared.... took change of clothes etc..♥️😂😂
Sounds like the best wedding ever, I wish that one of my friends gets married soon and I can go to another wedding

Be aware! Some beaches in Greece may be nude

This is just something to be aware of when traveling to Greece and this may surprise you if youre not from Europe. Some beaches in Greece are nude, and when visiting a non-nude beach, you might see some women topless. This is not as popular is it used to be in Greece. I have noticed less and less women going topless but it still happens. It is not considered rude in Greece to do, especially in front of small children. If you don't feel comfortable, just politely move away or go to another beach!

Greece returns to ‘normal’ Easter tourism after two years pandemic hiatus!

Highly recommended apartment in Syros-Cyclades!

I am posting this here to recommend this superb breathtakingly beautiful apartment for rent.It is hosted by my friends Costa and Peggy (their Villa on the same property),read up the reviews.Expect the very best of hospitality and services...

Covid mask rules relaxed for EU air travel!

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter