I am a photographer and I love to travel to Greece to take photos. I am scheduled to travel there again this fall, and I thought I would make a list of some places to visit. I am also wondering if you guys have any recommendations! Here is what I have come up with - chime in with some suggestions, too - I will be in Greece for at least a few weeks:
1. Temple of Poseidon - Cape Sounion (I hear there are great sunset shots here)
2. Oia, Santorini at sunset - I haven't sorted out quite where in the village yet butI figured I'd figure that out when I get there
3. Chania, Crete (I need some from here for my collection)
4. Slice of life types of photos in Athens and other cities
5. Plenty of food photos all over Greece
Let me know if you have some standout places/ types of photos I should take.
I had a typical Greek-Australian upbringing in that my family came from Greece but trips back and forth growing up amounted to visiting friends and family. I really haven't seen much of the country and all that it has to offer. As an adult, I want to start visiting some of the places in Greece I really should see, but haven't had a chance. So, here's my list. What do you think I should add to it?
1. Visit the Parthenon - would you believe I've never really explored it? Usually we fly into Athens and then quickly move on to our destination.
2. Santorini - Again, I've never been. I want to go and see what all the fuss is about.
3. Kefalonia - I love hiking, and I heard this is a great island to explore nature?
4. Meteora - I've seen photos - it looks phenomenal and worth the trip.
5. Hydra - the fact that they don't allow cars here intrigues me - I know it's a day trip from Athens, but maybe it would be worth staying?
Any advice you give can help me plan a bit of a touristy trip to Greece. I do still have family and friends to visit, but I want to carve out some time to actually explore some places I have never been.
I am trying to plan a trip to Greece. I do have some time because it won't be happening this year. I realized that I won't really have time to visit both Santorini and Mykonos, but I am also having a very difficult time trying to figure out which to visit. A big pro of Mykonos is that I love nightclubs. I think it would be fun to experience the nightlife there. However, I am completely captivated by Santorini and how charming it looks, and I am not sure if I even need nightlife on this trip... I don't know, I just want to hear your thoughts. It might help me make a decision!
I live in California, and I am used to living a pretty fit lifestyle. Recently, I have been a weight loss journey, connecting to my Greek roots and the healthy foods that are part of the Mediterranean diet. Although I wasn't active for a long time, I have found that there are plenty of opportunities where I live in LA. There are a lot of gyms, parks, I go for daily walks, etc.
I am planning my next trip to Greece and I need your advice. How do I stay fit? We are planning to spend a few days in Athens and then do some island hopping. We won't be staying in a hotel with a fitness center. I plan to pack something portable, like my fitness bands, so I can do a quick workout in my room if I need to. Yet, I see that Greeks are very fit. What should I do while in the country? How do Greeks stay fit?
I am older, but in decent shape. I can walk, hike, etc. I was thinking of heading to Crete just so I can hike the Samaria Gorge. I have friend my age who did it and thought it was a great experience. I am open to any advice you can give.
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!
WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!