1 - 10 of 10 Posts

acamp7

I'm looking for a small village to visit and get a taste of true authentic Greek culture, kind of like the one in the picture below. Where can I find something untouched by tourists?

myrina-lemnos-greece-720x480.jpg

francescool

If you're looking for untouched islands I would recommend Hydra and Milos!! They're smaller islands that don't have too much hustle and bustle

Reactions: Gigi

toniiv

Pilio is amazing! It's close to Volos, Greece and ahs some of the most beautiful and picturesque villages in the whole country

Reactions: Hash

nik_ma

It is not easy to find villages untouched by tourists; one has to go to remote places. However, Pilio while it is known, its unique as it has beautiful mountain villages that are also a short drive from beautiful beaches.

nefernefer

Koroni (Peloponnese, Messinia) is quite untouched and close to there is a truly authentic village named Vassilitsi.

Dionasia

I'm looking for a small village to visit and get a taste of true authentic Greek culture, kind of like the one in the picture below. Where can I find something untouched by tourists?

View attachment 352
The mountain villages above Volos were so fun to see and visit. You would need a car but it was and experience I wont forget and well worth it. Did some hiking up there as well. At one point we even visited a ski village which surprised me, that was after visiting Delphi. Driving the mainland was stunning!

Reactions: Hash and cf_fraiser

k_tsoukalas

I second the request above recommending Hyrda. Automobiles aren't allowed, and the island seems relatively untouched by time. It's the way Greece was roughly 100 years ago.

Hash

View attachment 352
Having lived in Mykonos Greece, worked in Tourism industry and travelled extensively all over there are so many choices....Crete.... but go Inland across off the main roads which all lead to off touristy places..... You will be surprised at the hospitality.... Pretty little restaurants with oven cooking, quant seaside towns(Panormos Beach my favourite)....I love Syros, the mother island of the Cyclades, easy to navigate and plenty of seaside like the image with tavernas on the beach and nice atmosphere.... island hopping would be another experience.... Just plan carefully, plenty of connections, they are just getting organised with interisland travel protocols as I write...... Enjoy your time..

Reactions: dubai_suzie

cf_fraiser

Having lived in Mykonos Greece, worked in Tourism industry and travelled extensively all over there are so many choices....Crete.... but go Inland across off the main roads which all lead to off touristy places..... You will be surprised at the hospitality.... Pretty little restaurants with oven cooking, quant seaside towns(Panormos Beach my favourite)....I love Syros, the mother island of the Cyclades, easy to navigate and plenty of seaside like the image with tavernas on the beach and nice atmosphere.... island hopping would be another experience.... Just plan carefully, plenty of connections, they are just getting organised with interisland travel protocols as I write...... Enjoy your time..
Syros is a great option! You don't hear much about the island so I'm assuming its less popular. Where in the island did you stay?

Hash

Syros is a great option! You don't hear much about the island so I'm assuming its less popular. Where in the island did you stay?
I have a friend who has a villa at Megalio Amos.He has Airbnb apartments facing sea with amazing views.....Vari is my favourite beach.....I don't know if we are allowed to post links here are we?

Where can I find a small picturesque village in Greece?

myrina-lemnos-greece-720x480.jpg

What are the most romantic things to do in Zakynthos?

I'd love to take my girlfriend on a trip there this summer but I want to make sure I have a stellar itinerary planned first

What is the destination in Greece for a honeymoon?

Where is the best spot? I'm looking for something romantic and secluded :) thanks

What is taboo in Greece that tourists need to be aware of?

I hate when tourists do cringy things when they're abroad! What are some things that non-Greeks need to be aware of before traveling?

What are the best Ancient sites to visit in Greece?

I've been to the Parthenon of course, and it was amazing! But what are some other amazing ancient sites that you recommend visiting?

Parthenon.png

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter