1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Hi fellow travelers! My two sons are super adventurous and love to do all of the crazy teenage stuff that they see on youtube. I am planning our trip to Crete and I want to book any activities beforehand. Any tips for beautiful Crete??

crete-greece-250x167.jpg

Reactions: Faedra Crete

kcixcy

Greece is a bit more laid back in terms of booking activities like water sports and excursions. I would recommend booking a few days in advance, but anything before that would be too early for Greek businesses.

k_tsoukalas

What kinds of activities do you want to do? Hiking something like the Samaria Gorge, while you can book an excursion, you don't necessarily need to. You just have to find a way to get to the trailhead, and then you need to find transportation from the ferry back to your car. You can book an excursion to the Gorge a few days in advance. That's what I did.

Samaria-Gorge-720x480.jpg

dimi_pat

Water sports are my favorite way to get my adrenaline rush in! They're so fun, and usually available at most popular and larger Greek beaches.

The Local Favour

You didn't hear it from me but bungee jumping from the Aradaina 138m tall iron bridge must be the thing to do for any adrenaline seeker in Chania, Crete. The surrounding scenery is amazing and there are so many things to do around: from hiking Imbros gorge to enjoying raki at little mountain settlements in Askyfou plateau, to hiring a boat in Sfakia the nearby pebbled beaches and finishing your dinner with fresh fish at a seafront taverna in Loutro.

aradaina_bridge__bungee_jumping.jpeg

Where can I find adventure in Crete?

Hi fellow travelers! My two sons are super adventurous and love to do all of the crazy teenage stuff that they see on youtube. I am planning our trip to Crete and I want to book any activities beforehand. Any tips for beautiful Crete??

crete-greece-250x167.jpg

What is your favorite city in Crete?

I'm trying to plan my itinerary and I want to hit up as many cities in Crete as possible. What are your favorites? :)

How can I experience history up close in Crete?

I am thinking of going on some historical tours and visiting museums in Crete. Do you have any advice for some good historical sites to visit? I’m looking for something a bit more experiential. I love history but my husband isn’t so into it. Any advice?

Please show me pictures of the best beaches you visited in Crete!

Hey guys! I’m visiting Crete this year and I wanna go see some of the best beaches that Greece has to offer but there’s way too many to choose from. Do any of you have pictures from your trip? I would love to hear details from your experience.

Traditional Greek Music

Does anyone know the names of some Greek kids songs? The kind that may be sung in elementary school?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Crete photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter