1 - 1 of 1 Posts

nadellii

I love concerts, street musicians and live music in restaurants and bars, especially in Greece. There is nothing more beautiful than bouzouki and klarino. Are there any spots that you know of Thessaloniki?

Katerini is a great tourist town outside of Thessaloniki

Katerini is a lesser known beach and tourist town near Thessaloniki. There are some great restaurants right by the water that are very authentic and offer many different options like meze as well as home style Greek food. I’ve only visited once but I plan on going again when I visit Thessaloniki. Have any of you visited.

Try bougatsa, Thessalonikis best breakfast food

Thessaloniki has one of the most popular breakfast foods in Greece! Bougatsa is a custard filled phyllo pastry with cinnamon and powdered sugar on top. The pastry is from Thessaloniki but is eaten in most regions in Northern Greece and you can find it in other areas of Greece as well.
5A083FCF-5DEE-4139-8EFD-3B8BB9E9853E.jpeg

What neighborhoods do you recommend that I visit in Thessaloniki?

I’m only planning on going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days so I’m wondering what would be the best neighborhoods to visit. Personally, I’m not looking for anything super touristy. I like to go out to eat and shop around, and usually go back to my hotel around 10pm, so not much nightlife for me. Let me know what you all think!!

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

The Arch of Galerius is one of Thessalonikis most famous landmark

Thessaloniki has two very famous landmarks: the white tower and the the arch of galerius. The history behind this arch is actually very fascinating, it was built in 305 C.E. to signify Galerius’ win from the Persian empire. The arch is now a very popular tourist site, and there is an open space around it where people walk around and enjoy the view of the water. You will definitely stumble upon it on your next trip to Thessaloniki.
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter