1 - 3 of 3 Posts

efhernandez_

In which area of Santorini do they have ATV rentals? Are you able to drive ATVs throughout the whole island? Any general tips on renting would be super helpful! Thanks

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Here are a few sources if places to rent atvs in Santorini:

Hope it helps and share your photos of riding an atvs if you find one while in Santorini :)

k_tsoukalas

In which area of Santorini do they have ATV rentals? Are you able to drive ATVs throughout the whole island? Any general tips on renting would be super helpful! Thanks

Here's another resource: https://santorini-rentme.com

I always see people with RVs on Santorini and it looks so fun! I have never done it.

Is Santorini too empty in the winter?

Like I said in another post, I love visiting Greece in the winter because I get to love more like the locals. That being said, is Santorini too boring and quiet during the winter? Are many activities, resdaraunts and hotels even open? I would love to know!

If you havent been to Thirassia you definitely should go

Thirassia is a tiny island that is super close to Santorini, it used to be part of it actually. You can get to Thirassia Island by boat from Santorini. The boat leaves from the village of Oia, and it takes only 10 minutes to get there. Once there, you can catch a bus to Manolas. This is what the beautiful island waters look like

cyclades-greece-720x479.jpg

Hyatt will open a luxury resort in Santorini this year!

New hotel alert! Hyatt, a beloved hotel chain by many will be opening a luxury resort in Santorini this summer! The resort will be name Magma Resort, after the magma that comes out of the famous volcanoes in Santorini. This resort will be pretty unique because Santorini is a tiny island so it will not be like those clunk mega resorts that you may see in other places. There will only be 59 rooms which is big for Santorini but small for everywhere else! Will any of you be checking it out this summer?

These are the best volcanic beaches in Santorini!!

Volcanic beaches are unique because their soil and sand composition is from volcanic and ash from minerals left over from the Minoan eruption from 3,600 years ago. The explosion was as strong as 40 atomic bombs and produced 40 foot tsunamis. Some of the best beaches that we were blessed with after this explosion are Kamari, Monolithos, Perissa and the Read Beach of course. This is a wonderful picture of Perissa beach :)

Perissa-Beach-720x480.jpg

Has anyone been to the lost Atlantis museum in Santorini? What can I see there?

I've heard of this museum but there's not much info on it online. Has anyone been? And would you recommend it?
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter