1 - 6 of 6 Posts

acamp7

What are some great spots to listen to traditional Greek music in downtown Athens? I love bouzouki especially, and would love to see some talented musicians performing it live. Have any of you been to any rebetathika or restaurants with live music that would have some performances to listen to? Thanks everyone!

ellinasgolfer0320

Paraliaki (this is around Glyfada, Palio Faliro, etc... The places near the water.)

Reactions: nadellii

Deborah

If you’re staying right in Central Athens near The Plaka, Cafe Kapnikarea (off Ermou St.) has live Rembetika music from 2:30 in the afternoon and again from 8 - 11 at night. It’s not a fancy place like the late night beachfront clubs, but it’s reasonably priced. You can have drinks & mezes or dinner - all delicious. If you’re lucky, you can even join the dancing on pedestrian Ermou Street. Family-owned for many years, it’s a little hidden gem!

nadellii

If you’re staying right in Central Athens near The Plaka, Cafe Kapnikarea (off Ermou St.) has live Rembetika music from 2:30 in the afternoon and again from 8 - 11 at night. It’s not a fancy place like the late night beachfront clubs, but it’s reasonably priced. You can have drinks & mezes or dinner - all delicious. If you’re lucky, you can even join the dancing on pedestrian Ermou Street. Family-owned for many years, it’s a little hidden gem!
Great recommendation thank you!

nadellii

Paraliaki (this is around Glyfada, Palio Faliro, etc... The places near the water.)
I love the glyfada area, I’ve been to many great outdoor restaurants there.

k_tsoukalas

I agree, Glyfada is great! There is bouzouki music all around, but it is hard to plan. Every time I try to plan, I can't find anything, but I've stumbled on some great music by chance. I have found bouzouki music in Glyfada at one of the restaurants!

The real life of Athens is here’ – hidden gems beyond and beneath the Acropolis | Athens holidays |

Researching the Temple of Poseidon

I am going to visit Greece soon to take some photos and enjoy the country in general (I am a photographer). One of the stops I plan to make is to the Temple of Poseidon and I was told to go at sunset. What do you guys think of that advice?

Anyway, ahead of the trip, I thought I would research the place a bit.... Does anyone have anything to add?

LAST MINUTE OFFERSON GALILEO!

If any one is lucky or has an opportunity to be on Galileo they will never ever forget these experiences.Many years I formulated an itinerary for Aris Drivas Yatching and Galileo was in Mykonos for an initial practice and presentation sailing around the Cyclades!I didn't have time to go sailing with her, just being on board and seeing her again moored in Syros for many days was just magical..

Has anyone here seen a performance n Epidavros?

I am so fascinated by Ancient Greek history and from what I understand, some of the ancient theaters are still intact and performances are being held there. I've been research Epidavros and noticed that they hold performances there in the summer. Has anyone been? What was it like?

I've seen footage online of people marveling at the amazing acoustics, and I want to experience this for myself.

Great Athens Restaurants for Dining

I love the restaurants in Athens - they're just so amazing. The chefs in the city do a great job giving a variety of foods from Greek cuisine, from the old to the new. I found this link with a nice list of nine restaurants that I plan to try. What do you guys thing? Have you been to any of these?

Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube