1 - 9 of 9 Posts

d_kakavouli

Hi guys, I’ve never been to Greece before, even though my whole family is Greek. I’m going to Thessaloniki, but only for a few days because i’m going to be visiting my mom’s family in Chalkidiki. What do I need to see and where do I need to go? Authentic answers only :)

Reactions: cubrinj

tomipark

Hey! I’ve been living in Greece for some time now, and I love Thessaloniki. If you like museums, you def have to go visit the Museum for Macedonian struggle. The best beach is the Agia Triada beach and then of course the white tower or Lefkos Pyrgos is a must!! Just look how pretty it looks during the sunset

thessaloniki-greece-250x167.jpg

efhernandez_

A good friend of mine is from Thessaloniki and for my trip this year he suggested that I visit Aristotle square in the city and the archeological museum, he knows the city very well so I trust him! I can’t wait for my trip!!!

Reactions: cubrinj

cubrinj

When I visited Thessaloniki last I went to a bunch art museums and they were amazing, arguably better than Athens! If you’re a fan, I would suggest the Teloglion foundation of art, the Macedonian museum of contemporary art and the dozens of small art galleries that line the streets of downtown. I bought one of my favorite paintings from a local artist at one of his galleries and it still hangs above my bed! I love it!

kcixcy

Tinka

KTIMA PEREK: If you have a car, there is a restaurant out in the outskirts of the city. The drive from the city there is gorgeous and the surroundings of the restaurant are absolutely stunning. If I remember correctly, this restaurant is associated with a nearby Pontic village and the restaurant itself serves Pontic style pita. This place is very authentic, tourists don't know about it, so you have mostly Greek families from Thessaloniki coming in for an afternoon away from the city. The restaurant grounds has outdoor gardens and a small playground. You can easily spend three hours out here. Suggest to go here with your extended family, as it can accommodate large tables https://www.perek.gr/en/restaurant

Reactions: Fetk

Tinka

If you want to explore, until recently, a little known aspect of the city, get to know the history of the Jewish community of Thessaloniki:

To visit sites within the city, I'd recommend

1) The Jewish Museum of Thessaloniki: https://inthessaloniki.com/item/jewish-museum-of-thessaloniki/

2) Molho Bookstore, the oldest book store in the city, owned by a Sephardic family since...... that serves the whole city. You can read about the bookstore here as well about other historical Jewish sites:

Reactions: nickstamoulis

sophiajohan

Hi guys, I’ve never been to Greece before, even though my whole family is Greek. I’m going to Thessaloniki, but only for a few days because i’m going to be visiting my mom’s family in Chalkidiki. What do I need to see and where do I need to go? Authentic answers only :)
Thessaloniki is very beautiful. Many nice sites to see! "Sophia

sophiajohan

What can I do in the Ladadika district?

Hey everyone, I’ve been trying to visit more places, and expand my trips to Greece beyond my falimies village lol. I’ve heard a lot about the Ladadika, but does it live up to the hype? What’s really there and is it worth visiting?

Thessaloniki-720x477.jpg

Can I go to the beach in Thessaloniki?

I know that everywhere in Greece is super close to the beach, but how are the beaches in Thessaloniki? Can I count on spending a few days at the beach while I’m there or should I save that for another spot in Greece? I really want to catch some rays when I’m there!!

What are the cultural influences of Thessaloniki?

Thessaloniki seems to be culturally (and architecturally) different than some of the other places I've been to in Greece...does anyone know about the cultural influences in Thessaloniki? Was it maybe a prominent part of the Byzantine empire?

What was your favorite day trip from Thessaloniki?

What is your favorite day trip from Thessaloniki? I’m thinking of getting a time share in Greece to travel every summer, so that my kids and I can have a place to go without worrying about hotels and resorts every year. I love this spot in Thessaloniki, but I want to see what cool places I can go for day trips…any advice?

What should I do in Aristotelis square?

What are your travel tips for Aristotelis square in Thessaloniki?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter