1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

My cousin is wondering where she can go with her boyfriend. Does anyone have advice on romantic spots?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your question!

Here are a few great Rhodes travel resources that might help in your trip planning:

k_tsoukalas

My cousin is wondering where she can go with her boyfriend. Does anyone have advice on romantic spots?
Rhodes is a very romantic island! There are a ton of beaches and there is a nightlife scene... most of Greece is romantic, it all depends on what you like to do. What kinds of things do you guys like to do together?

Tpebop

The summer season is over on Rhodes.From Now till April there will be showers & storms.The tourist resorts are closed.Only & few hotels will be open in Rhodes town.

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

The summer season is over on Rhodes.From Now till April there will be showers & storms.The tourist resorts are closed.Only & few hotels will be open in Rhodes town.
Oh geez, I didn't know that it was stormy weather during this time. Is that for all of Greece or just the region near Rhodes?

Tpebop

All of Greece. It is now winter time.Some places will get SNOW .

Visit the Lindos Acropolis in Rhodes (Greeces second best Acropolis)!

Many people don't know that there is more than on acropolis!! This one is Rhodes has historical roots from the Ancient Greeks, Byzantines, Knights of Saint John, Turkish, and more. Some parts of the archaeological site are from as early as 300 B.C. when it was an important Doric temple. Now, it is one of the most famous archaeological sites on the island!!

Acropolis-of-Lindos-720x408.jpg

Did you know that Rhodes is a medieval island?

Rhodes has so much more history than we know! This video showcases how its truly a medieval island :)

These are the best family activities to do in Rhodes

These are great family actives. I went with my family to Rhodes right before covid and my nieces and nephews has a great time! I would definitely recommend it for anyone who is traveling with small kids!

Hydrobiological Station of Rhodes aka Rhodes Aquarium is amazing!

Faliraki Beach and Water Park are a great two in one, you could spend the whole day here for sure.

Valley of the Butterflies is great if you're visiting from June and September.

Admiring the natural beauty of Rhodes

This is one of my favorite islands in Greece for sure, and I don't really think it gets enough credit!! Just look at this natural beauty! Does anyone have pictures of Rhodes that they would like to share? I would love to see them :)

beauty-rhodes-376x220.jpg

Did you know that the Italian influence in Rhodes is HUGE!

Many people don't know that Rhodes' Italian influence is pretty recent and not from Roman times. The last time Italians set foot in Rhodes was in 1943 after World War 1. It was only until 1947 that Greek became a part of the modern Greek state. Italians really contributed to the development of the island and to the culture and architecture. This is one of the reasons why Rhodes is so unique and has a pretty different vibe than some of the other islands.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter