1 - 6 of 6 Posts

nadellii

My cousin is wondering where she can go with her boyfriend. Does anyone have advice on romantic spots?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your question!

Here are a few great Rhodes travel resources that might help in your trip planning:

k_tsoukalas

My cousin is wondering where she can go with her boyfriend. Does anyone have advice on romantic spots?
Rhodes is a very romantic island! There are a ton of beaches and there is a nightlife scene... most of Greece is romantic, it all depends on what you like to do. What kinds of things do you guys like to do together?

Tpebop

The summer season is over on Rhodes.From Now till April there will be showers & storms.The tourist resorts are closed.Only & few hotels will be open in Rhodes town.

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

The summer season is over on Rhodes.From Now till April there will be showers & storms.The tourist resorts are closed.Only & few hotels will be open in Rhodes town.
Oh geez, I didn't know that it was stormy weather during this time. Is that for all of Greece or just the region near Rhodes?

Tpebop

All of Greece. It is now winter time.Some places will get SNOW .

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Birds eye view of Monolithos Castle in Rhodes

Monolithos Castle is a stunning castle that was built in the 15th century and remains until this day. This is a birds eye view of the castle so you can get a good idea of what the ruins look like. The Castle is located in the the village of Monolithos which is about a couple of miles from the city. There is no fee to get into the area and walk around and its open pretty much all day!

Tsambika beach is a beautiful sandy beach

I'm a big fan of peaches with fine sand, and clear water. If you are too then it's in Tsambika Beach is the place to go! There are many different options for organized beaches with chairs that you can pay for at Tsambika. Next to the beach is also a waterpark that you can visit and do many different activities and bring the kids. It's located on the eastern part of the island, near the Holy Monastery of the Virgin Mary. Enjoy!

Ferry service resumes between Turkish destinations and Rhodes!

For those of you that are traveling to Turkey from Greece using the ferry or vice versa, you are in luck! The ferry services are being re introduced which is great news especially for those that are traveling on a budget. The ferries were close down because of covid and have been closed for some time. Every Friday and Sunday there is a 45 minute boat ride from Fethiye, Turkey to Rhodes. This is such a quick trip and will definitely be cheaper than taking most flights! Has anyone taken this route? Unfortunately I have not and cannot provide tips from personal experience.

The best wineries to visit in Rhodes

I've done quite a bit of research about the different types of wines in Rhodes and what wineries produce the best wine. Of course, wine are always up to your personal taste and no one can truly tell you what is the best wine for you. The most popular and successful wineries in Rhodes are Alexandris Family Winery, Kounakis, Tatakis, Kounakis and Piperis. If you've been to any of these, please let me know how your experience was!
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter