1 - 6 of 6 Posts

blopez34

My friend uses a wheelchair and we're wondering which parts of Greece are wheelchair friendly. Does anyone have experience with this? Traveling abroad sometimes can pose an issue unfortunately

Deborah

I would recommend choosing among the larger islands such as Crete and Corfu, where a variety of accommodation will be available and where you can rent a car to go to the beaches and mountain villages. Some beaches in Greece now have ramps specifically for disabled people. This is a fairly new service, but you might be able to research a list of them. Hills and cobblestones are a way of life in Greece, but when the going gets tough, (unlike other countries) there will always be someone to jump up and help without even having to ask! 💙🇬🇷💙

Reactions: greek_ggirl

Deborah

If you fly between islands via Athens,Aegean Airlines has a very efficient wheelchair transfer service. Just be sure to add the wheelchair request when you book your tickets.

Deborah

Another thought…..whatever accommodation you book, (since you won’t have stayed there before) I would contact the hotel directly and make sure that you are getting a handicapped accessible room. Photos can be deceiving - both in terms of the rooms and the actual location of the hotel!

blopez34

Another thought…..whatever accommodation you book, (since you won’t have stayed there before) I would contact the hotel directly and make sure that you are getting a handicapped accessible room. Photos can be deceiving - both in terms of the rooms and the actual location of the hotel!
Thank you so much for posting these lovely replies. This is so helpful as I've never had to think of this until I decided to travel friend. I will look into bigger islands and I assume that the hotels will try their best to be as accommodating as possible :)

k_tsoukalas

My friend uses a wheelchair and we're wondering which parts of Greece are wheelchair friendly. Does anyone have experience with this? Traveling abroad sometimes can pose an issue unfortunately
No experience with wheelchair friendly travel and from the places I have been, I can tell that some parts of Greece might be challenging. I would find a hotel that is wheelchair accessible and see if your vacation comes together from there. My one family member who traveled to Greece with a wheelchair had a frustrating time, but the group went way off the beaten track looking for a village where the man's father was born (in the middle of the Peloponnese).

Greece's Astypalea Hosts Parkour's Most Prestigious Competition .

What are some Greek work from home tips?

I’ve been considering being a traveling nomad ever since my company switched to being fully remote. I would love to do this in Greece, but I am a bit skeptical since I have never visited for more than two weeks. Has anyone from abroad started living in Greece during the pandemic? Or do any Greeks have advice on what transitioning my life and work would be like? I live in Australia at the moment but have little to tie me down here. Thank you everyone

What do you think of these essential Greek travel tips?

I would love to know what everyone thinks of these Greek travel tips, and if they are actually true and helpful. I feel like many people have so many biases about different countries, and they can have a completely different perspective from a local or the actual truth. Please let me know what your opinions are in the comments!

Greece is the word for summer holidays.

Porto Katsiki in Lefkada is one of the best beaches!

Porto Katsiki is definitely one of the best beaches in Lefkada and probably the west coast of Greece. I suggest that you go to the beach pretty early, as the parking gets filled up and it will be difficult to find free parking. I personally like to go to organize beaches, which there are plenty of. You can also find a secluded area of the beach that is open to the public, and you’re able to bring your own towels, umbrellas, and food. Enjoy!
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter