1 - 5 of 5 Posts

mastichas09

I must admit that one of the best parts of traveling is going shopping!! Where are the best places to go to in Rhodes? And please don't recommend the very touristy areas, I'm looking for high quality and local Greek products. Thanks!

Tpebop

You will not do better than Rhodes New Town.Many high end shops where the trendy Greeks also shop.

cf_fraiser

You will not do better than Rhodes New Town.Many high end shops where the trendy Greeks also shop.
I love the nea poli!!

k_tsoukalas

greeceluvl74

I found this list on Tripadvisor to be interesting. Does anyone here have an experience with these places? Last time I was in Rhodes, I honestly wasn't paying much attention to shop names, just areas. And I agree, I enjoyed Nea Poli, as well.

Seven Springs in Rhodes is a great place for couples!

This is one of the most beautiful natural places on the island of Rhodes. In English, it's called Seven Springs, but in Greek it's called Epta Piges. These are natural springs that are open to the public. It is a particularly romantic place and great for couples, especially those on honeymoons. The springs are located in the woods, and have amazing scenery. It's the perfect place for a picnic and to spend the afternoon. I highly recommend that everyone visit!

We had snow last night on Rhodes

Most of the island had the snow.Even on coastal areas like faliraki & afandou. The 1st time in 35 years

Ferry service resumes between Turkish destinations and Rhodes!

For those of you that are traveling to Turkey from Greece using the ferry or vice versa, you are in luck! The ferry services are being re introduced which is great news especially for those that are traveling on a budget. The ferries were close down because of covid and have been closed for some time. Every Friday and Sunday there is a 45 minute boat ride from Fethiye, Turkey to Rhodes. This is such a quick trip and will definitely be cheaper than taking most flights! Has anyone taken this route? Unfortunately I have not and cannot provide tips from personal experience.

Welcome to Pefkos, Rhodes

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

The city of Rhodes is about to have some major changes

I am very happy to see that Greece is investing in preserving its architecture and mediaeval cities. Rhodes has so much beauty, that I would hate to see it go away overtime because of environmental or other damages and erosion. Their plan is to create three main sectors of the city which will be the monumental, residential, and commercial areas. I'm very curious to see how this project will turn out and how the funds will be allocated. Have you heard anything about this?

Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter