1 - 5 of 5 Posts

efhernandez_

Are there any hidden spots I can hike to so I can catch a view like this?

OiaSunset-720x478.jpg

My favourite place to watch the sunset isIMG_20200710_181609_571.jpg the lighthouse at akrotiri .Its more quite and tranquil than any other spot in Santorini.

k_tsoukalas

Oia is known for having the best sunset in Santorini but it isn't hidden. During peak tourist season the village fills up with people anticipating sunset. However, you can find spots in Oia that aren't as busy. For example, if you are staying in a villa overlooking the water, you might be able to have a spectacular view without leaving your outdoor patio! It's worth it to take the extra step of booking a sunset-facing room so that you don't need to go very far to see a nice sunset.

LetsBookTravel

As said above, Oia is the most famous location for the sunset. However, since you are on a island, you can catch the famous sunset from various locations, just facing west. You can also book one of the several sunset cruises that are organised during summer (April to November) and most of them set anchor below Oia to admire the sunset avoiding crowds.

Vangelis

You might like to take an evening yacht trip to the hot springs then you can watch the sunset from the yacht as you have dinner.

How do I avoid the crowds in Santorini (besides going in the off season)?

I might be asking a very stupid question here… But is there anyway to avoid the tourists in Santorini besides going in the off-season? My husband is a teacher, and we really only get summers off, so there isn't a chance for us to go to Santorini in May or September. If anyone has advice on how to avoid the crowds, and how to travel on the off beaten path, please reply to this thread! Thank you so much!

Akrotiri Lighthouse in Santorini is stunning 😍

Who knew that Santorini had such a beautiful lighthouse! This lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's and was build by a French company. This video gives you a great idea of what the lighthouse looks like and what you can expect from visiting. You are unable to visit the inside of the lighthouse unless you are authorized (navy or official business) but it is beautiful to see from the outside or even from a view from some Santorini cliffs. Has anyone ever been?

Where to go shopping in Santorini Greece

Shopping in Santorini is one of the best experiences you can ever have because the shops are so unique and much of the stuff is handmade if you go to the right places. Santorini clothing has a very carefree and flowing vibe to it. Many of the clothes are white and made of linen, and match the colours of the island. The best places to shop is around Fira, the city center has the most ammount of stores and the greatest variety.

The best foods to try while in Santorini

Santorini is a great place for foodies and those seeking to have the best gastronomic and culinary experiences in Greece. Santorini has very unique dishes that you won't find in other areas of Greece and the Cyclades. Some of my favorites are fava, domatokeftedes, kopania, and chloritiri cheese. You may not find all of these at every single restaurant, but it's definitely worth seeking them out while you're here.

What are your recommendations for Santorini?

I'm going to be going to Santorini for a couple of days after a small trip to Athens this summer. I've never been before and I really don't know where to start. I'm going to be travelling alone and looking to see the size and pretty much anything that Santorini has to offer. I'm not too picky when it comes to hotels and restaurants, so any advice that you have from your first hand experiences would be great. Also, if there are any extremely touristy areas that I need to avoid during certain times, please let me know.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter