1 - 5 of 5 Posts

efhernandez_

Are there any hidden spots I can hike to so I can catch a view like this?

OiaSunset-720x478.jpg

My favourite place to watch the sunset isIMG_20200710_181609_571.jpg the lighthouse at akrotiri .Its more quite and tranquil than any other spot in Santorini.

k_tsoukalas

Oia is known for having the best sunset in Santorini but it isn't hidden. During peak tourist season the village fills up with people anticipating sunset. However, you can find spots in Oia that aren't as busy. For example, if you are staying in a villa overlooking the water, you might be able to have a spectacular view without leaving your outdoor patio! It's worth it to take the extra step of booking a sunset-facing room so that you don't need to go very far to see a nice sunset.

LetsBookTravel

As said above, Oia is the most famous location for the sunset. However, since you are on a island, you can catch the famous sunset from various locations, just facing west. You can also book one of the several sunset cruises that are organised during summer (April to November) and most of them set anchor below Oia to admire the sunset avoiding crowds.

Vangelis

You might like to take an evening yacht trip to the hot springs then you can watch the sunset from the yacht as you have dinner.

Yes, Santorini is as beautiful as they say

Today was my first day in Santorini and I must say I was astounded. I was worried that there was a lot of hype around the island, and that it might not be as nice as they say but I was wrong. It’s absolutely stunning. I believe that everyone should try and go in their lifetime.

4AF80C52-DB66-48DB-83C3-1CD1F1981FC9.jpeg

Where to explore the history of Santorini

Santorini has such a deep and rich history that definitely should be explored on your next trip to the island. The Ancient Byzantine Castle is one of the best places to start your exploration of the history of the island. The Byzantine Empire played one of the most influential roles in the culture in history of ancient Greece. The empire was led by Christian rulers, who spread the Greek orthodox religion throughout the country. You can also visit the Akrotiri Archaeological Site which shows ruins from the bronze age, dating back to 1600 BC. Safe travels!

There are no Taxis in Santorini!

I love Santorini and this is my 4th time visiting the island. My advice is rent a car. Even with driving being tough with the thousands of tourists packed everywhere on mopeds, motorcycles, tiny cars, it is so much better than trying to find a taxi.

Today, I spend 3 hours to get a taxi to take me 4 miles...just too hot and dangerous to walk.

I had to go store to store ans ask after I finallu wapked into a supermarket, the owner called his friend that owns a transfer service, pay cash to get a ride. No uber, taxis or any app or service anywhere.

Please share your tips if you have any, about how to find a taxi in Santorini?

The donkeys of Santorini

These donkeys are famous! Hailing back from before Santorini was the biggest tourist hotspot, donkeys were used by locals to transport themselves and their goods up the hilly Santorini mountainside. Today, you may see a few donkeys used for these purposes but for the most part they are used for tourists to take a tour of the island.
9A8A39F1-280D-4B9A-9567-4BAFA018DB45.jpeg

The truth about costs in Santorini

Have you ever wanted some insight about the reality of how much you would spend in Santorini? Here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing you what some day-to-day expenses would be. If anyone has some advice on where to go in Santorini that is affordable, please let us know!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter