1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

Is there one main laiki in the city? Or any good ones that someone on this forum has been to?

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
The laiki or farmers market in Greece are truly amazing to see, so fresh and real organic fruits and veggies!

Here is a bit more information about laikis located in the Thessaloniki area:

Hope this helps!

k_tsoukalas

Is there one main laiki in the city? Or any good ones that someone on this forum has been to?
The laiki or farmers market in Greece are truly amazing to see, so fresh and real organic fruits and veggies!

Here is a bit more information about laikis located in the Thessaloniki area:

Hope this helps!

These are all great choices! There are also smaller, impromptu ones that often set up around the city.

What neighborhoods do you recommend that I visit in Thessaloniki?

I’m only planning on going to Thessaloniki for a couple of days so I’m wondering what would be the best neighborhoods to visit. Personally, I’m not looking for anything super touristy. I like to go out to eat and shop around, and usually go back to my hotel around 10pm, so not much nightlife for me. Let me know what you all think!!

You can learn to play the The Lyre of Apollo at the Seikilo Museum in Thessaloniki

This museum is probably one of the most unique ones that I've seen. It's pretty small, but it's packed with many rich activities and experiences. One of the coolest ones that I would love to try is learning how to play the Lyre from a professional artist. Before you would like to participate, you will need to let the museum know that you will be visiting and that you are interested. No prior music experience is required!

More info

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

The Arch of Galerius is one of Thessalonikis most famous landmark

Thessaloniki has two very famous landmarks: the white tower and the the arch of galerius. The history behind this arch is actually very fascinating, it was built in 305 C.E. to signify Galerius’ win from the Persian empire. The arch is now a very popular tourist site, and there is an open space around it where people walk around and enjoy the view of the water. You will definitely stumble upon it on your next trip to Thessaloniki.

Allatini Villa is a baroque piece of Greek history in Thessaloniki

Allatini Villa definitely sticks out when you look at the rest of the buildings in Thessaloniki. This building is in the baroque architecture style and was built by an Italian architect names Vitaliano Poselli for a wealthy family who wanted a vacation home. Throughout the years, the building has been transformed for many different purposes. This video does a quick overview, and shows you the building from the outside but does not provide much detail. If anyone has more info, I would love to know.

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter