1 - 5 of 5 Posts

greggd12

I've been wanting to visit Greece for so long, but I'm a bit paranoid of traveling since I don't go very often. What's the safest place to visit in Greece? I'm scared of being robbed and stolen from in very touristy areas.

kcixcy

The safest places in Greece are usually smaller islands. Although, these islands don't have very much security or police… so that's also something to think about.

Reactions: mastichas09

mastichas09

In my experience, Santorini was super safe. I never felt like I was in danger, probably because there were so many people around. It is true thought that smaller islands don't have a big police force. The only thing I would be very aware of is pickpocketing. Other than that, I would say that Greece does not have a very high chance of crime.

k_tsoukalas

Definitely be careful of pickpocketing but just secure your wallet. Never put it in your back pocket, always keep it in the front of your body or in a cross body purse. This should be done no matter where you are. Everywhere I have ever been in Greece has been perfectly safe!

Joni T.

I've been wanting to visit Greece for so long, but I'm a bit paranoid of traveling since I don't go very often. What's the safest place to visit in Greece? I'm scared of being robbed and stolen from in very touristy areas.
I've felt safe on the islands we visited. I had a body purse under my clothing for cash, and I had a criss cross pocketbook. It was in Athens I felt as though I needed to beware of pickpockets. In fact when we were in Greece, a lot of the Greeks were remarking how violent the US appears to be....they couldn't fathom it.

Do many Greeks know how to speak English? My Greek is not too good lol

Hey everyone, I’ve done quite a bit of traveling in my day and I usually like to learn a few phrases in the language so that I can communicate with the locals. Do many Greeks know how to speak English? How much Greek should I learn before my trip?

Is there gluten free food in Greece?

I've recently developed a gluten intolerance :( and it's so hard to travel because gluten free food is hard to find. Does anyone with a gluten allergy/intolerance have experience with this? Thanks :)

Travel to Crete

Does anyone know when American travelers will be permitted to enter Greece?

Pictures of Greece during covid

Have any of you been to Greece during covid? This is what a taverna looked like in the village I was visiting

empty taverna.jpg

Where is the safest place to travel in Greece?

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter