1 - 1 of 1 Posts

blopez34

Santorini Greece is a wonderful place to celebrate New Years! Many hotels will be having low-key celebrations and have many discounts for the winter season! I found this website that lists all of the most popular hotels to visit for New Years... here are a few on the list

1. Porto Fira Suites, Fira
2. Amaya Selection of Villas, Oía
3. Aqua Mare Luxury Suites, Imerovigli
4. Volcano View by Caldera Collection, Fira

You can read more here https://traveljee.com/destination/europe/greece/santorini-new-years-eve/

Do the crowds feel better if actually staying in Santorini?

The last time I was in Santorini, it was off a cruise ship. There were other cruise ships that had ported that day, so the place was a zoo. I didn't even really like it!

Does Santorini feel different if you're actually staying there at least for a few nights, or is it always that crowded?

There was a long line to the cable car, a crushing crowd at sunsets, and in some shops, I couldn't even really walk through - there were too many people! Everyone was nice though, despite that.

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Atlantis Theory of Santorini - Question

I'm intrigued by the theory that Santorini could be the location of Atlantis, as described by Plato. The history, the archaeological sites, and the unique geology of the island seem to offer clues worth exploring.

1. Atlantis Theory: For those of you well-versed in the Atlantis theory regarding Santorini, could you share your insights or any interesting pieces of evidence that link the island to the legend? Are there specific sites that hint at this ancient mystery?
  2. Must-Visit Spots: Beyond the Atlantis connection, I'd love recommendations for must-visit spots on the island. I'm particularly interested in places that offer not just stunning visuals but also a piece of the island's rich history and culture.
  3. Travel Tips: Any travel tips for a first-time visitor to Santorini? Best times of the year to visit, places to stay, culinary experiences not to miss, and tips for navigating around the island would be greatly appreciated!
  4. Personal Stories: And of course, I’d love to hear any personal stories or unique experiences you had while visiting Santorini. Especially if it relates to the lore and allure of Atlantis!
I am curious what you guys think of all this!

santorini-greece.jpg

Iconic Dress Photo on Santorini

I love the photos I see of people who are wearing that beautiful flowing dress, and the photo is taken with the backdrop of the gorgeous island.

I love the photo and want to do one for myself.

How can I do this? I heard that it is actually a business? Does anyone have any details?

Staying in Pyrgos?

Thank you to your advice, I am looking into staying in Pyrgos or other inland place that is slightly "off the beaten track" in Santorini to minimize some of the frustration of being in the crowds. We will be traveling during peak season.

Does anyone have an advice as to where to stay? As mentioned in a previous post, my wife is pushing for a Caldera hotel - but they're so expensive and we're traveling with the whole family. If I can find a compelling hotel that is more inland, it might work out for us to stay there. It doesn't have to be Pyrgos - but something similar would be good...

pyrgos-santorini.jpg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back