1 - 1 of 1 Posts

blopez34

Santorini Greece is a wonderful place to celebrate New Years! Many hotels will be having low-key celebrations and have many discounts for the winter season! I found this website that lists all of the most popular hotels to visit for New Years... here are a few on the list

1. Porto Fira Suites, Fira
2. Amaya Selection of Villas, Oía
3. Aqua Mare Luxury Suites, Imerovigli
4. Volcano View by Caldera Collection, Fira

You can read more here https://traveljee.com/destination/europe/greece/santorini-new-years-eve/

Atlantis Theory of Santorini - Question

I'm intrigued by the theory that Santorini could be the location of Atlantis, as described by Plato. The history, the archaeological sites, and the unique geology of the island seem to offer clues worth exploring.

1. Atlantis Theory: For those of you well-versed in the Atlantis theory regarding Santorini, could you share your insights or any interesting pieces of evidence that link the island to the legend? Are there specific sites that hint at this ancient mystery?
  2. Must-Visit Spots: Beyond the Atlantis connection, I'd love recommendations for must-visit spots on the island. I'm particularly interested in places that offer not just stunning visuals but also a piece of the island's rich history and culture.
  3. Travel Tips: Any travel tips for a first-time visitor to Santorini? Best times of the year to visit, places to stay, culinary experiences not to miss, and tips for navigating around the island would be greatly appreciated!
  4. Personal Stories: And of course, I’d love to hear any personal stories or unique experiences you had while visiting Santorini. Especially if it relates to the lore and allure of Atlantis!
I am curious what you guys think of all this!

santorini-greece.jpg

Best places to eat in Santorini?

I have heard horror stories about the expense of the food in Santorini.

Now, I love Santorini - it's just been a while since I've been.

I don't remember the food being pricy, and I don't remember where to go. Do you have any advice? I want to try some of the authentic Santorini foods.

Truly, it's been at least five years since I have been, if not longer.

Looking for Museums and Galleries to Visit on Santorini

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and am keen on immersing myself in the local art scene and history. Santorini is renowned not only for its breathtaking sunsets and stunning landscapes but also for its rich cultural tapestry. I aim to soak up as much of this cultural richness as possible during my visit.

In preparation for this adventure, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for recommendations on must-visit museums and art galleries on the island. I'm interested in both well-known spots and hidden gems that capture the essence of Santorini's history, art, and culture.

Additionally, if anyone has insights on the best times to visit these spots to avoid crowds or to participate in any special events or exhibits, that would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and recommendations. I look forward to exploring Santorini’s cultural treasures and creating unforgettable memories on this trip!

Do the crowds feel better if actually staying in Santorini?

The last time I was in Santorini, it was off a cruise ship. There were other cruise ships that had ported that day, so the place was a zoo. I didn't even really like it!

Does Santorini feel different if you're actually staying there at least for a few nights, or is it always that crowded?

There was a long line to the cable car, a crushing crowd at sunsets, and in some shops, I couldn't even really walk through - there were too many people! Everyone was nice though, despite that.

Volcanic Hot Springs in Santorini?

Does anyone know if it is possible to go in the water in the area with the volcano? I heard of some people going in the water on tour excursions but I question if that is a regular occurrence. Also, are those considered the volcanic hot springs or are the real hot springs in another area?

I plan on doing something like his when I am in Santorini, but I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back