1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nickstamoulis

Administrator
Staff member
Growing up, I had to read both the Odyssey and Iliad by Homer in high school. A few years ago I read both again and was entertained again (it has been so many years that I forgot the whole story). I am torn but tend to lean more to liking the Odyssey a bit more.

Which story do you like more by Homer the Odyssey or Iliad?

Reactions: tomipark

k_tsoukalas

It's hard to pinpoint which is better since the Odyssey is a sequel to the Iliad. I personally like the Odyssey best because I find Odysseus's long journey home to be interesting and fascinating. Not only that (Spoiler alert!), but he was finally reunited with his family. The Iliad, however, is a great tale to read if you love learning about some of the heroes of Greek Mythology , and you are interested in learning about the Trojan War.

Reactions: tomipark

tomipark

The Iliad is better because of the actual history in it and I love learning about Greek history and culture

Which book is better by Homer, Iliad or Odyssey?

Growing up, I had to read both the Odyssey and Iliad by Homer in high school. A few years ago I read both again and was entertained again (it has been so many years that I forgot the whole story). I am torn but tend to lean more to liking the Odyssey a bit more.

Which story do you like more by Homer the Odyssey or Iliad?

What are the best mythological Greek names?

Kind of a funny question, but i'm adopting a dog this year and I really want to name him after a powerful Greek god. Any ideas?

Best birthday gifts for Greek mythology fans

Pandora's box is one of my little sisters favorite stories and I want to give her an amazing gift. She's a huge Greek mythology fan!

What was Paris from the Trojan War like?

I recently checked out a movie on Netflix about the Trojan war and I'm trying to learn more about Paris. Does anyone have more info about what he was really like? I'm not too knowledgeable on the subject.

What are the most tragic and dramatic Greek mythology stories?

I work as a freelance writer and i’m developing a project with a graphic artist about tragic Greek mythology stories. Can you all comment some of your favorite and most tragic stories? I would love to know.

medusa-720x358.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter