1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
As a big coffee drinker (any time of day, any type of coffee, LOL), what type of Greek coffee is your favorite?

In Greece I drink a mix between Frappe and hot Greek coffee. At home in the US, I drink drip, ice coffee and espresso.
Show your photos of your coffee that you are drinking (even if it is not Greek):

making-Greek-coffee.jpg

Jawge

I love Greek coffee!

Reactions: voula_slat

StamatiaMaria

Freddo Cappuccino ALLLL the way! Especially if it's served to you under an umbrella on a beach :)

20180625_143121_Original.jpg

Frappe!! Can't be beaten in my opinion

frappe.jpg

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
Reactions: blopez34

blopez34

I love a traditional Greek coffee, you know it's real when it's cooked in the hot sand with the briki 😎

Reactions: dubai_suzie

dubai_suzie

I love frappe! I've been drinking it with oat milk and almond milk lately because I'm lactose intolerant and its pretty good :)

Quick Greek Dinner Ideas

Many of the Greek dishes I know how to cook are very time consuming for me to put together, like stuffed grape leaves and spanakopita.

Sometimes, I want to eat Greek food, but I don't want to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. Can you think of some easy Greek suppers besides salads to eat? I cook village salad and cabbage salad, but am also open for suggestions for different salads. I know I could always serve souvlaki with them. I know that is fairly quick, aside from the marinating.

Greek Cheeses to Eat in Greece...

Growing up outside of Greece, I ate a lot of Feta Cheese ... I mean, it's delicious! Also, it's the easiest to find.

I know that there are a ton of different cheeses in Greece, though, and the cheeses that are available are somewhat regional.

Here is where I know I am definitely going:

Athens
Corinth
Kythira

And if I have time, I was hoping to head to Santorini. I will be in Greece for about a month and I am not sure how long I will stay in each place. There's a lot to see and do in Athens alone, plus I have people to visit.

Other "Leaves" to Use for Stuffing?

I have seen various "stuffed" leaf-type dishes in Greek cuisine, and I am realizing that the filling is always pretty similar. The two common ones I see are grape leaves (delicious in early summer when I can pick the leaves) and cabbage.

I noticed that there are other types of "leaves" that can be used. I think someone says they often use Swiss chard? What else can be used? I love every type of dish in this category. Thanks!

Quick Greek-style pasta dishes?

Last time I was in Greece I ate a lot of pasta dishes. It seems like a common dish for every day cuisine. I had a version with Greek yogurt - I would love to learn how to make it! I also had something with an egg on it, someone told me it was from Mani? Does anyone know anything about these dishes? What other pasta dishes do Greeks eat?
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube