1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

I'm Greek, and one of my favorite things to order at a cafe and on the beach is the club sandwich. By the looks of it, it's probably not Greek....LOL. Does anyone know where it comes from? And we why love it so much?

sandwich.jpg

k_tsoukalas

That looks like an amazing sandwich! I think the club-style sandwich is so popular because it has bacon and tomatoes in it! Since tomatoes are so yummy in Greece I can see the sandwich doing well there. This style sandwich is popular in the United States. The origin of that sandwich is under debate, but one of the strongest theories is that it was created in Saratoga Springs, New York in a gambling house known as the Saratoga Club House in the 1890's.

What are your favorite lenten recipes?

Im trying out fasting this year, and I love to make kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters) but I need some more inspirationion. What are your go-to lenten dishes?

kolokitho.jpg

Favorite type of gemista (stuffed vegetable)?

What's everyone's favorite way to eat gemista? I love stuffed tomatoes and zucchini!!

gemista.jpg

Cool ideas for Greek Easter cocktails?

Hey everyone, I'm a huge cocktail drinker (as you can see in this pic lol). While everyone is gonna be drinking beers this Easter, I want to enjoy a refreshing cocktail. Can anyone recommend a good cocktail pairing for meat and lamb?

cocktail.jpg

Why is the club sandwich so popular in Greece?

I'm Greek, and one of my favorite things to order at a cafe and on the beach is the club sandwich. By the looks of it, it's probably not Greek....LOL. Does anyone know where it comes from? And we why love it so much?

sandwich.jpg

Best kadaifi recipe?

Hey! Does anyone have any really good kadaifi recipe? Thanks :)

kataifi.jpg

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter