1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

Kamiros is a beautiful archeological site that is about 50km from Rhodes Town. I recommend driving there for sure, its always easiest. This town used to be one of the main cities in Rhodes and it was abandoned after it was damaged by an earthquake. I highly suggest visiting if you love history!!

ancient-kamiros-rhodes-900x504.jpg

Reactions: Jawge

Tpebop

ANCIENT Kamiros was built around the 4th century BC. You will find videos on YouTube

Are there any beaches in Rhodes with lock boxes for valuables?

I really appreciate when beaches have lock boxes (or whatever they're called) with a place to store my phone, keys and wallet at my beach chair while im swimming. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Why you should visit Ancient Kamiros in Rhodes

Kamiros is a beautiful archeological site that is about 50km from Rhodes Town. I recommend driving there for sure, its always easiest. This town used to be one of the main cities in Rhodes and it was abandoned after it was damaged by an earthquake. I highly suggest visiting if you love history!!

ancient-kamiros-rhodes-900x504.jpg

Where is the best place for young couples in Rhodes?

My cousin is wondering where she can go with her boyfriend. Does anyone have advice on romantic spots?

Is "12 Nissia" in Rhodes a good gastronomic restaurant?

I've heard a lot about this restaurant, has anyone ever been? Is it any good?

Did you know about the bee museum in Rhodes?

I love everything natural and holistic! Honey and propolis are a great source of vitamins and immunity boosts, so I love everything that has to do with bees!! And everyone, please protect bees!! They are so important for our environment. The bee museum shows tradition and history of beekeeping, including the four types of beehives that exist and the methods by which they get honey. There are transparent beehives where you can see how the honey is made :)
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter