1 - 1 of 1 Posts

Hash

It has taken many years in the making as far back as 90s for Greece to be a Globally recognised Tourism Destination....by this I mean having worked in Tourism Industry every year there was a different country for incoming Tourism traffic.... now collectively the arrivals are International..... Very proud about this!❤️❤️👏👏!

Traveling to Greece During Christmas

Has anyone here visited Greece for Christmas? I have only ever gone to Greece during the warmer months!

Specifically, I am trying to figure out if this is something I want to experience some day. I really want to learn about he real culture of Greece. I know, I have my traditions that have been passed down, but unless I go to Greece at Christmas someday, I am not sure I will ever truly understand.

Are things closed in Greece for December because of the holiday and will I have trouble as a visitor? I do have friends I can visit and maybe even stay with. It might be more fun that way.

Best place for fresh seafood in Greece?

One of the things I love about Greece is the abundance of fresh seafood. What is your favorite destination for enjoying seafood? I know that any coastal area of Greece will have only he best, but I didn't know if you had some standout places. I love heading down to the shore as the fishing boats come in and watching people select what they want. One time, I asked if any of them were restaurant owners and I went afterwards to enjoy a great meal there.

Best Archaeological Museums in Greece?

I am thinking of retiring to Greece. Right now, I suspect it will be on Corfu, but I haven't quite decided. I will be visiting Greece next year to get a feel for things.

When I go, I want to make sure I visit some of the best Archaeological museums I can find - because learning about Ancient Greek History is one of my favorite things.

Here is my list -please let me know if I forget anything!

** The museum at the Acropolis.

** Archaeological Museum in Heraklion

** The one in Thessaloniki

** Archaeological Museum of Corfu

Did I miss any that I absolutely should see during my trip? I'll be about a month in Greece, so I should have time.

Where in Mykonos is this?

I bumped into a pretty pic of Mykonos - I am still trying to plan that trip with my friends! We are still considering Mykonos, even though some people are iffy. I found this pic - it's so pretty. Does anyone have an idea where this is, and what the vantage point is? One friend is saying she would love to try to replicate the scene from this photo if we do make it to that island...

mykonos-view.jpg

Best recommendation for Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license

If you need Travel guides, Passports, Visas, IDs, Driver license, or other high level documents from US, UK, Europe, Canada, Russia, Turkey and Central Asia email; expressdocumentsproducer [at] gmail dot com
WhatsApp : + 1 2 1 0 5 9 3 8 1 7 6
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube