1 - 2 of 2 Posts

dimi_pat

Zito H Ellada <3

Reactions: nm1999

nm1999

What are some pregnancy and baby traditions in Greek culture?

My sister just announced that she is pregnant! And I would love to help her feel more at home with some Greek traditions during her pregnancy and the newborn time. What are some Greek traditions for new moms?

Any Greek Christmas movies that you can recommend?

The only Greek Christmas movie I know is Christmas Tango (Το τανγκό των Χριστουγένον), are there any more good ones?

Share your Greek tongue twisters!

I love this one, does anyone know any more?

Φίλος έδωσε σε φίλο τριαντάφυλλο με φύλλο. Φίλε, φύλαγε το φύλλο, μην το δώσεις σε άλλο φίλο.

Which translates to: A friend gave to a friend a rose with a lief. Friend, keep the leaf, don’t give it to another friend. Its super hard to say in Greek

What is your favorite Greek tradition? Mine is name day celebrations!

I love name days! They're like birthdays but even better, and my favorite part is that people are able to share them with their family members who have the same names. Every year, on a specific day, most Greek people with Greek names will have a "name day" that is the day of the saint who corresponds with their name. Expect a bunch of family members to show up to your house with gifts!

What should I expect at a Greek wedding and baptism combined ceremony?

I'm going to a wedding this year where the couple will also be baptizing their child. What happens at these ceremonies? How does it all work? What should I expect as a guest. Ive never heard of this being done before, thanks!
Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter