1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Some buddies of mine gather here at the dock every week and do some night time fishing!! They catch some pretty great fish even though they're just chilling at the side of the road, all you need is patience....and the sunset view doesn't hurt

Screen Shot 2021-07-27 at 8.33.56 PM.png

Reactions: Hash

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
This is so true! Fishing in Greece is so great!!! 🐟🐟🐟🐟🐟

kythnos-greece-720x540.jpeg

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

I see scenes like this all the time when in Greece. It looks like fun, and the seafood in Greece is so good, it doesn't get better than this.

What lighting a candle means at a Greek church

In Greek church, we light candles and make a prayer. Its one of my favourite traditions. Candles are usually at the front of the church and you usually add a few coins or dollars in the box besides the candles to "pay" for the candles.

holy-thursday-720x480.jpg

Oxi day is coming up soon! How are you all celebrating?

This is one of the most historical Greek holidays that I admire so much! How is everyone celebrating? :) Happy almost Oxi day

This is what a Greek Orthodox baptism looks like!

Here is a short video for anyone that's curious about what happens at a Greek Orthodox baptism

Check out Pentozali, the traditional dance of Crete

Pentozali is such a unique and beautiful dance. It is very traditional, and requires a decent amount of skill (especially if you want to do the tricks that you see in the video)

Ever wonder what a traditional Cretan wedding is like?

Wonder no more! This is a stunning and super traditional Cretan wedding where the bride and groom are wearing traditional clothes (pretty rare these days). Enjoy!

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter