1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

This is one of my favorite spots in the city!! Constructed in 1444 by Murda II, Bey Hamam is an Ottoman Bathhouse. It is located east of Panagia Chalkeon on Egnatia Street.

bey-hamam-thessaloniki-720x480.jpeg

You can read more here

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

This is one of my favorite spots in the city!! Constructed in 1444 by Murda II, Bey Hamam is an Ottoman Bathhouse. It is located east of Panagia Chalkeon on Egnatia Street.

View attachment 505

You can read more here

I love hamams!! Absolutley so relaxing

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Do we know if it is still in operation? Hamams are so fun!

Thessaloniki Still Struggling to Increase Hotel Stays .

The reduction in Domestic travelers is a sign of economical situation where people cannot afford to go for holidays.This season has been very tough,an old colleague from Mykonos now living in New York was there for a month in summer just gone and she said she was so sad to see many businesses closed and the difficult times were obviously felt all around. https://news.gtp.gr/2021/09/28/thessaloniki-still-struggling-to-increase-hotel-stays/

The National Theatre of Northern Greece is a great place to watch shows

Perea beach is in the middle of one of the best resort towns!

Perea beach is my favourite beach in Thessaloniki! It's is also a town that has a thriving resort community, which means that there will be plenty of shops, restaurants, and cafes to explore while you are there.

Gulf-of-Thessaloniki-720x415.jpg

Take a cruise to Mount Athos from Thessaloniki!

This is a great thing to do if you're wanting to do some excursions in the city! There are even some cruises with a glass bottom where you can see all of the beautiful sea life below. :) I highly recommend it

How long do you recommend to spend in Thessaloniki?

Is a weekend enough? Or should I be spending more time? I don't want to do anything fancy, just the classic sightseeing and eating out. Any advice?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter