1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

This is one of my favorite spots in the city!! Constructed in 1444 by Murda II, Bey Hamam is an Ottoman Bathhouse. It is located east of Panagia Chalkeon on Egnatia Street.

bey-hamam-thessaloniki-720x480.jpeg

You can read more here

Reactions: seleanor

seleanor

This is one of my favorite spots in the city!! Constructed in 1444 by Murda II, Bey Hamam is an Ottoman Bathhouse. It is located east of Panagia Chalkeon on Egnatia Street.

View attachment 505

You can read more here

I love hamams!! Absolutley so relaxing

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

Do we know if it is still in operation? Hamams are so fun!

The history behind the white tower of Thessaloniki

Did you know that the white tower of Thessaloniki (lefkos pyrgos) was not the original tower that was there in the first place? During the siege of Thessaloniki in 1185, the tower was destroyed and then rebuilt. The new tower (the one that we see today) was constructed by the Ottoman Empire by an architect who constructed a similar tower in Valona, Albania.

What are the best day trips from Thessaloniki?

I’ve been wanting to visit Thessaloniki for a while now, but of course I can’t visit a city without hitting the beach right after! Are there any good day trips from the island that people recommend?

What do people like about Thessaloniki?

I love these videos so much because I get great insight into what locals actually like about different cities. In my opinion, there's so much to like about Thessaloniki. I really love how the city has so much culture, and you can see how the influence of different empires has impacted the cities architecture. Would you agree with some of what I said in the video? Or do you have a different perspective? Let me know!

What is the best place to get a hotel in Thessaloniki?

I am thinking of visiting Thessaloniki this summer to visit a few friends and learn more about the history of the city...I am wondering where would be the best place to stay? What is the niehgborhood that is most central and next to the most activities? What would you recommend?

What do Athenians think about Thessaloniki?

Before any Athenians or Greeks get their feelings hurt in the comments, please know that this video was just for fun! Personally, I love both Athens and Thessaloniki and have had great experiences in both places. I have found that Athens is very beautiful during Christmas time, and I prefer to travel there in the off-season since it can get very hot during the summer and pretty empty during August. Thessaloniki is great during the summer because it's right by the water so you can enjoy that cool ocean breeze.

Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter