1 - 2 of 2 Posts

francescool

Lavrio is one of the best beachside places to visit near Athens. It's a bit of a drive so you'll need to rent a car or take a bus. There are excellent beaches and tavernas there and you can also visit the neighbouring town of Sounio where the famous Grecotel hotel is located. Since it is a tourist location, Lavrio has a bunch of water sport activities such as snorkelling, scuba diving, boat rentals and many more. it's a great two day trip if you're wanting to get away from the city life.

Reactions: Vangelis

k_tsoukalas

I have never been here, but it sounds great. I'll put this on the list for the next time I am in Athens!

Check out this beautiful view from Athens

At the top of Athens, you can see all the way across to Lycabetus hill. This view is one of the best I’ve seen, I will never get tired of Athens. 27BE11C9-C9CC-4645-9EC4-E212C5DE1308.jpeg

Beautiful views from our day trip to Aegina

We took a wonderful day trip to Aegina from Athens! The ferry boat was so short and delightful. It took about one hour from Piraeus which is the country’s largest port. We rented an ATV which was about 35€ for the day and took it around the whole island. It’s definitely not touristy and much more quiet than other islands. I definitely recommend it for a quick getaway.

7FBADC0A-C80A-461C-8397-C0189933A9D5.jpeg

Restaurants with a View in Athens

I am putting together a list of restaurants to try in Athens and I want to have multiple moods on it... Sometimes, I want to dine purely with a view, sometimes I just want a really great meal.

I found this article - what do you guys think of these places in the article? Do you know of any great places with a view in Athens? Ideally the food will also be excellent:

Sometimes I don't have luck with TripAdvisor places, because I am not sure the people voting are necessarily locals...

Great Athens Restaurants for Dining

I love the restaurants in Athens - they're just so amazing. The chefs in the city do a great job giving a variety of foods from Greek cuisine, from the old to the new. I found this link with a nice list of nine restaurants that I plan to try. What do you guys thing? Have you been to any of these?

Have you ever tried pistachios from Aegina?

If you were looking to get away from the heat of the city, Aegina is the perfect island to go to. It is a pretty quick boat ride from Piraeus and you can explore both ancient ruins and remote villages. The island is pretty big so I recommend you get a car or ATV/motorcycle. The island has amazing pistachios with many different traditional desserts made from the nuts. You can find many pistachio stores lined up right outside of the port that sell pistachio butter, pistachio brittle and pistachio honey. I always get a few pistachio souvenirs for my family and they love them!
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter