1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Raymond Gorgone

There is a long-forgotten realm of gods, myths, and religions I stumbled upon years ago, and have been independently researching ever since. We are all familiar with the geographical image we commonly refer to as the “boot of Italy.” What has been lost for centuries is the knowledge that the ancients knew of many such images and created stories telling of those image’s imagined interactions. Today, many of those stories survive as myths.
To explain my discoveries, I’ve created a video presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods. View my presentation and you will see the goddess Aphrodite riding her seashell, Zeus wielding his thunderbolt, Adam, and Eve in The Garden, and much, much more.
I am currently looking for imaginative people who might become interested in researching this long-forgotten realm with me. There is still much to be discovered, and I can’t do it all alone.
You can view my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, at geographicalimagesofthegods.org. Your questions and comments are welcome.

Reactions: mj_toronto8
There is a long-forgotten realm of gods, myths, and religions I stumbled upon years ago, and have been independently researching ever since. We are all familiar with the geographical image we commonly refer to as the “boot of Italy.” What has been lost for centuries is the knowledge that the ancients knew of many such images and created stories telling of those image’s imagined interactions. Today, many of those stories survive as myths.
To explain my discoveries, I’ve created a video presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods. View my presentation and you will see the goddess Aphrodite riding her seashell, Zeus wielding his thunderbolt, Adam, and Eve in The Garden, and much, much more.
I am currently looking for imaginative people who might become interested in researching this long-forgotten realm with me. There is still much to be discovered, and I can’t do it all alone.
You can view my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, at geographicalimagesofthegods.org. Your questions and comments are welcome.
Very cool! What is this presentation for?

Very cool! What is this presentation for?
I'm glad you took the time to view my presentation and found it "very cool."
As to your question, my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, was created to enlighten the world on what I believe are the long-forgotten origins of many gods, myths, and religions. I hope my presentation inspires others to explore the ancient use of geographical imagery with me. I would be happy to try to answer any questions anyone might have.

Reactions: mj_toronto8
Sorry to have to say this.
The Greek gods were conceived long before their artistic representations, but no proof of this.
The conceivers or imaginers of the gods did NOT have geo. knowledge or maps such as you have. Your research was pointless.

I'm glad you took the time to view my presentation and found it "very cool."
As to your question, my presentation, Geographical Images of the Gods, was created to enlighten the world on what I believe are the long-forgotten origins of many gods, myths, and religions. I hope my presentation inspires others to explore the ancient use of geographical imagery with me. I would be happy to try to answer any questions anyone might have.

Yes, trying to piece together where the myths and legends came from is fascinating, and I love hearing people's different perspectives. Though it is difficult to truly "know", it is interesting getting the perspectives of people who have tried to piece things together. I always wondered if oral tradition really impacted the stories - because it seems like there is often several versions of the same ones.

Janus - God of Beginnings

I learned recently of Janus, the Roman God of Beginnings. The month January, I believe, is named after this God.

Many of the Roman Gods and Goddesses have Greek counterparts. Does Janus?

If so, I think that would be an interesting god to learn about. I have to be honest - I am not sure there is a counterpart. I have been searching but there either isn't enough information online, or there really is no equivalent.

Do you guys have any idea?

Hestia Greek Goddess Information

We don't talk about Hestia much... but I just remembered that my yiayia did! I wondered why, so I researched her. Here is what I found... I think it has something to do with the fact that she was a housewife and she loved her family.. Looking at what she represents, it kind of makes sense. Here's what I found about her:

The Greek goddess Hestia was revered as the goddess of the hearth and home. In ancient Greek mythology, she was known to be a benevolent deity, who brought warmth and comfort to the home. Through her presence, she blessed the family and provided them with a sense of safety and security.

Hestia was the first-born child of Cronus and Rhea, and she was the sister of other Olympian gods such as Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades. Unlike her brothers and sisters, she did not engage in any power struggles or battles. She preferred to remain neutral and instead focused her attention on her household duties. Hestia was considered one of the most important deities, as the hearth represented the heart of the home. People would light a fire in her honor and worship her by placing offerings of food and drink on their hearth.

In ancient Greek culture, a hearth was often considered the most important part of the home. It was where food was cooked, and family members gathered to eat, share stories, and bond. Hestia's role in domestic life was crucial, and she was responsible for creating the warmth and sense of security felt within the home. Her presence was believed to bring good luck and happiness to the family.

Accurate movies about Greek mythology?

I am looking for some "accurate" movies that have Greek mythological topics. I say "accurate" because how can we really even know? Many of the stories were handed down through the generations, and some even may have been lost. I guess I mean accurate according to what has been established from works that have survived.

I found this video - has anyone watched these?

List of fun Greek mythology topics

I really love Greek Mythology. I thought I would share with you all some of my favorite topics:

1. Birth of the Olympians and how they came to power
  2. Different heroes of Greek mythology
  3. 12 Labors of Hercules
  4. Trojan War
  5. Iliad and the Odyssey and all the stories in them
  6. The story of Persephone
  7. Pandora's box
  8. Different creatures - like the Minotaur and Hydra
What are yours?

Question about the Fates of Greek Mythology

I am helping someone gather information for a school project on Greek Mythology so your input is much appreciated. This is more like, to help the person know enough information to be able to research it.

The project is about the Fates. These mysterious beings, often depicted as three sisters—Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos—were believed to control the destiny of every mortal and god alike. Their thread-spinning, measuring, and cutting symbolized the weaving of each individual's life, from birth to death.

But what exactly was the extent of their power? How did they interact with other gods and mortals? These questions have sparked endless fascination and speculation among scholars and enthusiasts alike.

Were the Fates merely impartial observers, executing predetermined destinies without interference? Or did they possess agency, actively shaping the lives of those they governed? Furthermore, what implications did their existence hold for concepts of free will and determinism in ancient Greek thought?
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back