1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Worldwide Greeks Editor

Administrator
Staff member
As a big coffee drinker (any time of day, any type of coffee, LOL), what type of Greek coffee is your favorite?

In Greece I drink a mix between Frappe and hot Greek coffee. At home in the US, I drink drip, ice coffee and espresso.
Show your photos of your coffee that you are drinking (even if it is not Greek):

making-Greek-coffee.jpg

I love Greek coffee!

Reactions: voula_slat
Freddo Cappuccino ALLLL the way! Especially if it's served to you under an umbrella on a beach :)

20180625_143121_Original.jpg

Frappe!! Can't be beaten in my opinion

frappe.jpg

Reactions: blopez34
I love a traditional Greek coffee, you know it's real when it's cooked in the hot sand with the briki 😎

Reactions: dubai_suzie
I love frappe! I've been drinking it with oat milk and almond milk lately because I'm lactose intolerant and its pretty good :)

Greek Souvlaki Marinade Recipe

Now that grilling season is upon us, I thought I would share my souvlaki marinade. I cut the meat in cubes and marinate in plastic bags overnight. I skewer them just before grilling.

Add to a mason jar:
  • 1/4 cup Greek olive oil
  • 1/4 cup lemon juice
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 tablespoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon dried thyme
  • Salt and pepper to taste
Then I cover the mason jar and shake, add the meat to the bags, and pour it over. If I am making a huge batch I double the marinade.

Can you use frozen vegetables for Greek dishes?

There are two Greek dishes that I enjoy a lot and like to make a lot - fasolakia and the baked vegetables with the variety.

It's not always realistic for me to make them, though, because of the vegetable situation.

Is it okay to use frozen veggies? These are washed and chopped - they're basically ready to go - so it would save me a lot of time!

fasolakia-greek-food.jpg

Greek Warm Weather Eating

With the warm weather approaching, I've been eager to explore more light and refreshing dishes. I'm particularly interested in Greek cuisine, which I know has a lot of great options perfect for sunny days.

Could anyone share their favorite Greek dishes to enjoy when the weather is warm? I'm looking for suggestions that are both delicious and easy to prepare. Any recipes or tips on where to find authentic ingredients would be greatly appreciated too!

List of Different Greek Cooking Techniques

I hope you're all doing well! I've recently developed a deep appreciation for Greek cuisine and I'm eager to expand my cooking skills in this area. However, I'm realizing that I might be missing out on some traditional Greek cooking techniques that are essential for authentic dishes.

Could anyone kindly provide me with a list of cooking techniques commonly used in Greek cuisine? Whether it's grilling, baking, braising, or something more specific to Greek cooking, I'm eager to learn! Any insights, tips, or favorite methods would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to your responses!

Here's what I can think of so far:

• Frying - usually in olive oil, right? Things like Greek fries and kourabedies come to mind is being fried.
  • Grilling - souvlaki, chicken, etc
  • Sandwiches - gyros, making "toast" that you see on menus in Greece
  • Braising - like braised lamb?
  • On the spot - Lamb, goat
  • Baking - desserts and savory dishes
What have I missed?

Creative ideas for Easter lamb leftovers?

We cooked too much Easter lamb than we needed and have a ton leftover. I am sure I am not the only one! I am brainstorming ways to use the leftovers. Do you guys have anything to add?

1. Gyros with lamb (Tzatziki and all the trimmings!)
2. Lamb sandwiches
3. Stir fries
4. Lamb in rice and tomato sauce
5. Wraps
6. Omelets and scrambles (think steak and eggs, but with Greek flavors and of course lamb instead of steak)

grilled-lamb-chops.jpg
Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back