1 - 3 of 3 Posts

francescool

Visiting monasteries is one of the best way to connect with the faith! Here are some of the best monasteries in Thessaloniki:

Saint Theodora
Vlatadon
Saint Anastasia Farmakolytria
Philotheo

Reactions: tomipark and Dennis
Visiting monasteries is one of the best way to connect with the faith! Here are some of the best monasteries in Thessaloniki:

Saint Theodora
Vlatadon
Saint Anastasia Farmakolytria
Philotheo
How long should I expect to spend at a monastery?

I will have to keep these places in mind next time I am in Greece! I've been to some monasteries, but not these.

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

New Year's Celebration in Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know what is going on in Thessaloniki for New Year's? There's a chance I could be in the city this year during it and I want to get a feel for what to expect. I went to Greece to visit some family over Christmas.

I heard that they light fireworks at midnight somewhere? Is this true? I'll be visiting some people, so I am assuming they know what is going on, but I want to have a general feel for it.

Some cities have a big celebration outside. I didn't know if Thessaloniki was one of those places.

Why So Many Starbucks in Thessaloniki?

I was in Thessaloniki this past summer and I noticed more than one Starbucks. Why are there so many?

Not only that, but I am curious if the Greek population has embraced it and if they're popular.

Lots of people were in all that I saw, but I couldn't tell if it were Greeks, tourists, students, etc...

I had thought that Greek coffee drinks were different, and I had no idea Greeks liked coffee like this!

Visiting the Museum for Macedonian Struggle in Thessaloniki?

I'm planning a trip to Thessaloniki soon and I've heard a lot about the Museum of the Macedonian Struggle. It seems like a place with rich historical significance and I'm keen on exploring more about the region's history through this museum. I would appreciate any advice or insights from those who have visited or are familiar with the museum.

What do you think, is this worth visiting? It has a personal significance for me, as well as an historical one. I have a good friend who is passionate about this cause.

Heard there was a Christmas market in Thessaloniki?

I want to do something festive this year in Greece. I am going to be in Thessaloniki for a short time and I heard that there is actually a Christmas market? Is it any good?

Do any of you have any details?

I heard the market is in Aristotelous Square, but that's all I know about it. I am assuming there will be vendors and things to buy - maybe I can do some Christmas shopping here?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back