1 - 4 of 4 Posts

paharo45

I don't have anyone to pick me up, and my flight lands at 11pm, are there taxis waiting in the stand?

They are 24/7 during summer months, I don't know about winter.

They are probably a bit less taxis, but definitely still there. Taxis know that there are late flights and want to get customers

If there are no taxis look for a phone number at the taxi stand. There usually is one, and you can always call for a taxi.

Weather in Corfu Question

I am going to Corfu soon - maybe in about three weeks (mid-September).

What is the weather like? I have never been there...

I know on islands like Crete it's still pretty warm in mid September with beach weather. That island is further south than Corfu. Does it make a huge difference? I will be going to Crete, too, so I am trying to figure out how to pack.

Unesco World Heritage Sites of Corfu

I'm currently planning a trip to the beautiful island of Corfu and I'm keen on visiting some of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites that are located there. Being a bit of a history buff, I believe that exploring these sites can give me a deeper understanding of the island's cultural heritage and historical significance.

Could anyone here share more information about the UNESCO site on Corfu? Is there only one? The Corfu Old Town? What should I prioritize to see in Old Town?

Thanks!

Island day trips from Corfu?

I'm currently planning a trip to Corfu and am eager to explore as much as I can in the surrounding areas. I am planning to stay put for the whole time I am in Greece, but I want to do a bit more besides visiting Corfu itself.

I'm particularly interested in:
  • Islands that are easily accessible from Corfu.
  • Recommendations for how to get there (ferry schedules, private boat hires, etc.).
  • Must-see sights or activities on these islands.
Also, if there are any local delicacies or specialties on these islands that I shouldn't miss, I'd love to hear about those too!

Prioritizing Things to Do in Corfu

I want to do the following in Corfu - problem is I only have a few nights. Any advice on how I can prioritize?

- Old fortress
- Canal d'Amour
- Meander though old town
- Paleolastritsa beach
- Casa Parlante
- Archaeological Museum
- Nightlife - whatever I can find

Is this too much for 3 nights?

Visiting Corfu this Summer

I am thinking to head to Greece this summer and I want to spend my time going places I have either never been before, or have only spent a short amount of time at and I would love to return.

Corfu is on my list. I don't know much about it s I am having a hard time focusing my attention so that I can plan my time. I have about five nights to spend here. My most immediate concern is, do you have any recommendations on where to stay on the island?
Share and discuss your Corfu photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back