1 - 2 of 2 Posts

redsoxdw_

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.

euchoulis

Although it's interesting to wake up in a nice and different place every morning I wouldn't recommend taking the Cruise as your most of the time on a ship. It's definitely good value for money but it doesn't allow you to get the best experience and to enjoy the places that you visit. Can you tell me exactly what you're looking for and might be able to help you

Did you know that Santorini has an industrial tomato museum?

Santorini had a huge production of tomatoes, which was so big that they even have an industrial tomato museum that is open to the public. Santorini no longer exports as much tomato paste as it used to, I'm assuming because it became one of the most popular tourist hot spots in the entire world. The museum is located in the former D. Nomikos Tomato Factory, and I really suggest that you check it out!! Safe travels :)

Yes, Santorini is as beautiful as they say

Today was my first day in Santorini and I must say I was astounded. I was worried that there was a lot of hype around the island, and that it might not be as nice as they say but I was wrong. It’s absolutely stunning. I believe that everyone should try and go in their lifetime.

4AF80C52-DB66-48DB-83C3-1CD1F1981FC9.jpeg

Stunning Santorini wedding at Le Ciel Santorini

Santorini has become one of the most popular destinations for weddings for so many years now. This wedding is absolutely stunning and the view is what makes it! Le Ciel Santorini is one of the most luxurious hotels on the island, and is located in the northern part (not too far from Oia). It is a common destination for weddings and I highly recommend it for anyone who is interested in getting married in Greece.

How do I avoid the crowds in Santorini (besides going in the off season)?

I might be asking a very stupid question here… But is there anyway to avoid the tourists in Santorini besides going in the off-season? My husband is a teacher, and we really only get summers off, so there isn't a chance for us to go to Santorini in May or September. If anyone has advice on how to avoid the crowds, and how to travel on the off beaten path, please reply to this thread! Thank you so much!

The truth about costs in Santorini

Have you ever wanted some insight about the reality of how much you would spend in Santorini? Here's a video that does a pretty good job of showing you what some day-to-day expenses would be. If anyone has some advice on where to go in Santorini that is affordable, please let us know!

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter