1 - 3 of 3 Posts

nm1999

If you're not a big reader like myself, this video is perfect! If you didn't know, the odyssey is one of the most important classical poems in Greece. It is a massive poem that reads like a book. It follows the story of Homer and his escapades throughout different areas of Greece after the Trojan War, specifically Ithaca. Let me know what you think of this summary.

Reactions: k_tsoukalas

k_tsoukalas

You're right, this video is great! It broke down the story in an easy way. Much easier than reading.

ndatta

Odysseus sure had a rough return home

These are the Argonauts ⚔️

The Argonauts are the lesser known heroes! They were a group of heroes who followed Jason to retrieve the golden fleece. According to the myth, there was about 90 of these warriors, who were pivotal in achieving the dangerous conquest of the fleas. The argonauts were named after Jasons ship, the Argos, which they used on their journey.

Did you know that you can book Greek mythology vacation packages?

I can't believe this even exists! But I'm so glad it does. This website offers vacation packages that are based on Greek mythology. If you've always wanted to go to famous places in Greek mythology, you definitely need to look into this. I've only been to a few locations on this list, but I definitely recommend Athens, Mount Olympus and Delphi for those that are interested in travelling through history and time while in Greece.

The story of Hercules

Hercules is probably one of the most famous Greek figures, having a famous Disney movie after his story. As most Greek mythology stories, his starts from a dark place, being unwanted by his family. The Oracle provided him with 12 labors that he needed to defeat. This video goes over all of them!

Roman mythical men?

Does roman mythology have any sort of "mythical men" similar to the spartoi?

Mentions of Food in Greek Mythology

When I was in school, I remember learning about Greek Mythology in school and reading some of the myths and legends. I actually don't remember the specifics of the stories, but I was just thinking that I DO remember the food mentions! I came across this article when I was trying to research it online. I found it interesting:

These are some of my favorite Greek foods! Maybe that's why it was memorable...
Share and discuss Greek mythology!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
TikTok Pinterest YouTube