1 - 3 of 3 Posts

dpappas87

Where do you guys get your lambathes? Even though it's covid, I'd love to get lambathes and keep the spirit of Easter :)

lambatha-376x220.jpg

ssherie_

I like to get mine from Etsy! They look way more original that way and more similar to the types of lambathes you can find in Greece

acamp7

I buy them from my local Greek store!

What is the significance of crossing the labatha over the front door?

Every year my family takes home the labatha from the holy fire of the church and crosses it over the door frame of the front door. Is this to bless the house? I don't know the actual significance of the tradition

What are your preparations for Holy Week?

What do you have planned? My family and I will be attending socially distanced church service and painting eggs! :) I'm so excited, I love this time of year

Apparently some Greek festivals might be happening this year!

Greek festivals in Australia?

My Australian cousins are wondering if anyone knows of good Greek festivals happening this year. I thought this would be a great place to ask

Please comment any links you have for virtual church services!

I'm in lockdown right now in Athens and I'm not able to attend any church services. If anyone has links for virtual church services I would really appreciate it :) Happy Easter everyone!

SHARE THIS BELOW:

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter