1 - 5 of 5 Posts

nadellii

Even though so many of my friends have gone to Mykonos and they say the best things, one of the most common things I’ve heard about the island is that it’s so damn expensive. Is there anyway to visit Mykonos and have fun without breaking the bank? I would love to hear some tips from those that are seasoned traveler‘s to the island. I would love to visit at least once before I turn 30! Thanks Worldwide Greeks community!

Reactions: Hash
Here are some ways to save money when traveling to Mykonos:

- Use an airbnb instead of a hotel.
- Go to a supermarket and make one or 2 meals a day and eat out only 1 time per day.
- Keep the souvenir buying to a minimum.
- Eat at smaller taverna not the very touristy restaurants.

I hope this helps and you make it to Mykonos!

Mykonos-2-720x480.jpeg

Even though so many of my friends have gone to Mykonos and they say the best things, one of the most common things I’ve heard about the island is that it’s so damn expensive. Is there anyway to visit Mykonos and have fun without breaking the bank? I would love to hear some tips from those that are seasoned traveler‘s to the island. I would love to visit at least once before I turn 30! Thanks Worldwide Greeks community!
If you think it's expensive then obviously you can afford it. So the answer is don't go!. Stay home.

So let's see if I can get you there to enjoy... You are under 30 so the Paradise Camping will suit you!
Paradise Beach
+30 2289 023459
Take a look, lots of young people... You don't have to party if you don't want to...It is big enough to do everything... Very cheap food all day, different buffet, Pizzas, Greek Food and lots and lots more...Next Door on the same beach is Tropicana, plenty going on there, great cheap abundance Food and drinks..
Next the bus services are cheap and very frequent from there so no need to worry about getting into town... about going to other beaches.... take the fishing boat transfers which connect with other beaches...If you get bored just walk over to PARANGA (another Camping there too!) beach behind Paradise Camping,if you get bored there just walk over to Platis Yalos, plenty to do there, water sports etc...I don't know if there's still anyone doing Beach BBQ excursions anymore....I will check for you....I am writing this impulsively so more later... Which months are you planning to go? Depending how you travel there are people selling rooms at the port...all friendly and will also provide transportation...

Last edited:
These are all some great tips! It's definitely possible to save money. Besides what is listed here, you can also save by going to a store and buying some of your own alcohol to enjoy while at your hotel or Air B n B, or even at the beach or something. Alcohol can get expensive. It also helps if you start making Greek friends while traveling, because they you can do a lot of things with them, and they know about all of the great local hangouts, which tend to be less expensive. It's all about knowing where to go!

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back