1 - 2 of 2 Posts

nm1999

Greek mastic ice cream is one of the best summer desserts. It has such a unique flavor, and is made from traditional Greek ingredients. You can usually find this ice cream packaged in a grocery store, from a Greek pastry store, and some people even make it at home. If you would like to try to, here are some recipes that you can use.

k_tsoukalas

Mastic ice cream is seriously underrated. It's so good, and it is hard to find. I might try these recipes!

What are your favorite Greek dishes?

Please drop some suggestions below! I’ve been wanting to try out some new dishes. I’m noticing that many taverns I’ve been visiting are serving the same things and I’d like to try something more unique. I love the classics (meze, souvlaki, moussaka etc.) but it’s time for some exploring!!

Xoriatiki or village salad is the best!

This salad is a classic! It’s customary to order this at every single meal in Greece. It perfectly balanced the heavier meat and potato dishes. It’s always so good and I highly recommend that you order it. I just had this one, it’s a little more modern style but the flavors are the same. 😊
946D0E9B-7534-4C16-A034-22FE36ED191A.jpeg

The best Santorini white wines

Santorini is famous for its white wines. I'm not a huge wine person myself, but I always find myself reaching for Santorini wine when it's on the menu. There are so many different wines to choose from, and its really up to your own taste. I don't ever believe that the best wine is the most expensive. Here are a few wines that you should at least try!

Assyrtiko
Tselepos
Nychteri
Vinsado

What are your favorites?

Strapatsada is Greeces tasty egg dish

This dish is fantastic! I saw it on the menu for the first time and had to try it. It’s super simple, just eggs and tomato scrambled with feta cheese on top. The name of the dish sounds italian but I’m not sure if it’s origins. I love it and will definitely be making it at home.
4FEDEE90-22E0-445B-A510-963C043E3C86.jpeg

Mushroom gyros are the best vegan option!

I just stumbled upon a great souvlaki restaurant that had mushrooms instead of meat! It's called Street Souvlaki (Κατάστημα Ακτή Μιαούλη) in Pireas, if you're passing by, definitely check it out. This is a great option for tourists that are vegan. You can also find recipes to make it at home, but it tasted so good that I imagine it might be hard to replicate. Here is a link to one that I think will taste the same.

Sign up for a free account and share your thoughts, photos, questions about Greek food, travel and culture!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter