1 - 7 of 7 Posts

mastichas09

I don't think covid really stopped many people from traveling to Athens! The streets and stores are pretty packed...mabye not as much as the other years but it's still pretty full! This is a picture from the other night. We spent all day shopping for souvenirs and then had lunch in Plaka, it was so fun!!

Screen Shot 2021-08-06 at 1.37.51 AM.png

Reactions: Hash and Vangelis

ellinasgolfer0320

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.

Reactions: dubai_suzie

Vangelis

I'm so jealous! We can't leave our country and our government is so incompetent they can't even rollout a vaccination program properly. I am hoping I can be there next year. Enjoy it, you're one of the lucky ones!

dubai_suzie

You should go to Anafiotika to relax when you're in the area next time.
Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors

Reactions: Hash

ellinasgolfer0320

Great recommendation! It feels like a little part of Santorini in the middle of Athens with all of the little side streets, architecture and colors
You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.

dubai_suzie

You probably feel that way because the people who started "Anafi"otika are from the island of Anafi. That style is fairly common on the islands.
Omg I've never heard of this island. I did a little research and turns out it's tiny!!! And so beautiful. In 2011, it had a population of 271 that's crazy, I would actually love to visit one day, thank you for the info :)

Reactions: Hash

k_tsoukalas

This is really nice to see - I love seeing people get out there and live their lives ...

Are there any areas where US expats hang out in Athens?

As I've posted before, I've been looking to retire in Greece. Kind of hard when I don't speak Greek though, so Id like to make a couple of American, Canadian, UK, or Australian friends who speak English. I'll be in Athens for a while, does anyone know if there are any spots where foreigners hang out?

Visit Anavissos beach near Athens!!

In a lot of ways, Anavissos is a typical beach. You can easily come here for the day to relax and enjoy the water and sun. There are plenty of sun beds and umbrellas to rent, which means that you don’t need to bring your own supplies. Because this is a resort area, there are plenty of other things to do. You can spend time in this whole area exploring the shops, eating in some of the restaurants, and even exploring the other sites at Cape Sounion like the Temple of Poseidon.

Did you know about the Hellenic Childrens Museum in Athens?

The Hellenic Children's Museum is the only multi-thematic, interactive museum specially designed for children in Greece. The Children’s Museum is oriented to children up to 12 years of age, parents, educators and anyone else interested in learning. The Hellenic Children’s Museum “aims to encourage every child to discover, comprehend, learn, be happy and shape their self and the world which surrounds them with respect for individuality and emphasis on cooperation”. :) Its great for visiting with kids
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter