1 - 2 of 2 Posts

xmelissaa

Mykonos is one of the most fun islands to go to!! It has some of the best beaches, nightlife and daytime activities. Here is a layout of what I would recommend for a three day trip to Mykonos :)

Day 1:
- Paralia Megali Ammos beach
- Lunch at Pelican restaurant
- Visit Windmills of Mykonos
- Super Paradise Beach Club

Day 2:
- Paralia Korfos
- Ride around the island with 4 wheelers
- Parasailing at Super Paradise Beach
- Dinner at Kastro's Restaurant

Day 3:
- Armenistis Lighthouse
- Lunch at Nautilus
- Psarrou Beach
- Monastery Of Panagia Tourliani
- Dinner at To Maereio

Reactions: Hash
This is a great itinerary! Mykonos has a great mix of nightlife and daytime activities. It's a good place to visit.

Nightlife question about Mykonos

I have seen footage of fun-looking club atmospheres on Mykonos. I went last year and couldn't find those parties! I want to try again the next time I am in Greece, probably in September.

I’d love to find places that strike a balance between great music (preferably a mix of international and local beats), a lively but not overly crowded atmosphere, and of course, stunning settings that scream ‘Mykonos’!

Does anyone have personal favorites or hidden gems they'd be willing to share?

mykonos-nightlife.jpg

Things to Do in Mykonos at Christmas

I am thinking of heading to Mykonos this Christmas season to visit some people. I thought I would share some thoughts about what I can do there this time of year.

Christmas Markets

Like many other places in Europe, Mykonos also has its own version of Christmas markets. Wander around the charming alleys of the old town and discover festive stalls selling handmade crafts, traditional sweets, and local delicacies. The main market takes place in Manto Square, where you can also experience the lighting of the Christmas tree and carol singing.

Traditional Celebration

Christmas celebrations in Mykonos follow the Greek Orthodox calendar, which means that the main festivities are held on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. You can attend the midnight Mass at one of the island's many churches, such as the Paraportiani Church, or witness the local traditions of kalanda (carol singing) and feasting on traditional dishes like avgolemono soup and roasted lamb.

Christmas Shopping

There are some great shops on Mykonos. I can do my Christmas shopping here!

Best photo spots in Mykonos?

I want to document my next trip to Mykonos with some great photos.

Does anyone have personal favorites or insider tips on the best spots for photography in Mykonos? I'm interested in both, the well-known attractions and those off-the-beaten-path locations that offer unique perspectives of the island's charm.

Also, if there are specific times of day that bring out the magic of these places (think golden hour or less crowded moments), I'd love to hear about that too!

Any tips on local etiquette regarding photography would also be greatly appreciated. I aim to be respectful of the people and the culture during my visit.

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

Favorite Beaches on Mykonos

I know that people have mixed feelings about the beaches of Mykonos, but I plan to go this year. I've been in the past and wanted to share my three favorites:

1. Elia Beach​

• Elia is the longest sandy beach in Mykonos, offering a less crowded experience. It's ideal for those who want to relax and enjoy crystal-clear waters.
  • Tip: Try the water sports facilities there — I don't enjoy it but my family members report that this is fun. They've rented jet skis.

2. Paradise Beach​

• As the name suggests, Paradise Beach is lovely. It's known for the party scene, but during the day it isn't bad. They just play DJ music while you're at the beach, and there's a lively bar.
  • Note: Leave before the evening parties start if that's not your scene. I love the energy during the day but I have to be in the mood for the music.

3. Psarou Beach​

• Psarou might allure you with its upscale vibe and excellent beachside services. It's all about luxury yachts, boutique shops, and high-end dining.
  • Recommendation: Don't miss the opportunity to snorkel in these beautiful waters. It's very serene here in general.
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back