1 - 10 of 10 Posts

blopez34

I love this city!!! My favorite parts were admiring all of the architecture and the history :) share any pics you have, I would love to see where you all went on your trip

Syntagma-Square.jpg

Reactions: Vangelis and Hash
The best photo I took in Athens a few years ago was taken in Monastiraki:

IMG_7079-e1566512839187-720x960.jpeg

Reactions: Hash
This is from a beach in Attica just outside of the city, I don't remember what its called but it was a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city :) Best part of Athens is that its close to so many great beaches

Screen Shot 2021-10-01 at 2.03.13 PM.png

WOW these are amazing photos, thanks so much for sharing!!! 🇬🇷🇬🇷

This is from a beach in Attica just outside of the city, I don't remember what its called but it was a great escape from the hustle and bustle of the city :) Best part of Athens is that its close to so many great beaches

View attachment 741
We used to hang out at Varkiza beach, our friends who had a very big Water Sports business (we had the VW Classic Van parked permanently there.....(Used to sleep in too)....Astir Beach is one of my favourite!♥️

Last edited:
My favorite part of Athens is the Plaka!

plaka-athens.jpg

Nice image,a lot different from the late 60s and 70s.... there used to be many open air Discos!
They should bring them back!

They should bring them back!
Thanks, this made me laugh as I remember Santana's music in one Disco and suddenly Led Zeppelin in another and Credence Clear Water Revival in the distance.... didn't know which to dance to!😂😂😂😂😂.... Kalley Mera.

Thanks, this made me laugh as I remember Santana's music in one Disco and suddenly Led Zeppelin in another and Credence Clear Water Revival in the distance.... didn't know which to dance to!😂😂😂😂😂.... Kalley Mera.
Ahahah it would be Led Zeppelin for me :)

Reactions: Vangelis

Athens airport question...

There's a group of us going to Athens and our flights get in the same day, but at different times.

Is there an easy spot to wait for the rest of our group outside of security, like a cafe or restaurant, or even an area with chairs to sit... I have only been to this airport once, and I don't remember any details about what happens after security.

Best Shopping in Athens

My wife and I are going to Greece in a few days. We both like to shop (her more than me) but we've never actually had enough time in Athens to explore the shopping.

Where should we go?

Someone told us Monastiraki is a good choice, but are there other places? We'll have a few days to poke around.

Unique Photo Spots in Athens?

I will be traveling to Athens this year in the spring. What are some great photo spots throughout the city? Aside from what inspires me?

I have a bad habit of forgetting to take pics while away and I come back from the vacation with a random collection. This time, I want to do some advanced planning. Some of my ideas:

- Parthenon/ Acropolis - A shot with people and the Parthenon in the background
- Food photos - plenty of shots with people - and table shots - and of myself - eating the delicious food
- Monastiraki - This place is full of life - there could be some great candid shots

Do you guys have any ideas?

Should you come to Athens in the winter?

I have never been to Greece in winter and I was considering it. I found this video - it was very informative! Thought I'd share:

Tips for saving money in Athens?

I'm planning a trip to Athens and though I'm excited, I'm also trying to be mindful of my budget. The charm of historical sites like the Acropolis, the Plaka district, and experiencing the vibrant Greek culture is something I cannot put a price tag on. However, I am looking for ways to stretch my euros further while enjoying what Athens has to offer.

Does anyone have tips or personal experiences to share on saving money while traveling in Athens?

athens-greece.jpg
Share and discuss your Athens photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back