1 - 3 of 3 Posts

d_kakavouli

Thessaloniki is one of the best cities in the world because its right on the water. I love visiting at night so that I can see the reflection of all of the twinkly lights. I don't mind the cool breeze either. If anyone has more pictures of the city at night I would love to see them!

Thessaloniki-720x480.jpg

Thessaloniki-720x480 (1).jpeg

Such a pretty city, especially at night!

thessaloniki-greece.jpg

Will only have a few hours in Thessaloniki...

I am going to Thessaloniki in the late summer (I forget the dates). It's a stop on a Greek cruise. I have been to Greece a lot before but have never done a cruse. I have also never been to Thessaloniki. Any suggestions as to what I can do with my time while I am here? I will be doing a tour of another stop the day prior, so for Thessaloniki I am thinking I just want to explore.

Self Guided Tour of Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know of any resources that will help me give myself a "self guided" tour of Thessaloniki?

I know I can look up all the main places online as I am there. However, I am more interested in finding a narration ahead of time and listening to it while I drive around and see some of the sites. Does such a thing exist?

I am in Thessaloniki for a short time with a group of people who don't like to do "tours" so I have some time to go off by myself for a few hours one of the days.

Seeking the Best Mezze Spots in Thessaloniki

I am looking for recommendations. I am going to Thessaloniki in the spring and I want to visit a taverna or restaurant that has great Mezze!

If you've had an unforgettable meze experience in Thessaloniki, please share! I'm looking for recommendations on:
  • Your favorite spots for meze in the city
  • Must-try dishes
  • Any tips for a truly authentic meze dining experience
I appreciate any guidance you can provide to help me (and fellow food lovers) compile a list of must-visit meze destinations in Thessaloniki.

New Year's Celebration in Thessaloniki?

Does anyone know what is going on in Thessaloniki for New Year's? There's a chance I could be in the city this year during it and I want to get a feel for what to expect. I went to Greece to visit some family over Christmas.

I heard that they light fireworks at midnight somewhere? Is this true? I'll be visiting some people, so I am assuming they know what is going on, but I want to have a general feel for it.

Some cities have a big celebration outside. I didn't know if Thessaloniki was one of those places.

Heard there was a Christmas market in Thessaloniki?

I want to do something festive this year in Greece. I am going to be in Thessaloniki for a short time and I heard that there is actually a Christmas market? Is it any good?

Do any of you have any details?

I heard the market is in Aristotelous Square, but that's all I know about it. I am assuming there will be vendors and things to buy - maybe I can do some Christmas shopping here?
Share and discuss your Thessaloniki photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back