1 - 4 of 4 Posts

mastichas09

I can't seem to escape all of the criticism about the Santorini crowds. This makes me wonder… are the crowds getting worse? Or are people just posting about them more on social media? I haven't been to Santorini in many years, but this is just a glimpse of what you may be faced with when visiting the island. Of course, take it with a grain of salt, and the whole island will definitely not be full of people. I do recommend visiting in May, June, and September if you want a quieter vacation.

k_tsoukalas

I heard the crowds can be pretty bad in Santorini. I have never been during peak season, though. Last time I was in Santorini it was in May.

I love Santorini but lately I have been noticing the same thing - that whenever I go the crowds seem to be a bit larger. The only exception to this is when I travel off peak - like in May or late October. There are still people, but it's a lot less hectic.

So, this is around the time that I usually go. Is anyone in Santorini now? I am curious how the crowds are during this time of year. I am planning a trip for around this time next year...

The best restaurants in Santorini

Santorini has some of the best Greek cuisine! Ever since the tourism industry has been booming, chefs from all over the world have been visiting, opening up restaurants, and collaborating with Greek shifts. In my opinion, this is the island where you can get the most diverse and elevated cuisine. These are the best restaurants in my opinion, but please let me know your top pics. I would love to know.

- Ouzeri
-Almira
-Ambrosia
-FalafeLand (vegan)

These are just a handful that I can remember off the top of my head!

Where to stay in Oia?

I loved Oia when I went a few years ago but I don't remember where I stayed. I can't track it down!

My question is - do you guys have any recommendations? Maybe this will jog my memory. In any case, I loved where I stayed, I am just not attached to it.

I would love a nice view of the caldera and a pool! The place I stayed offered both.

Best places to eat in Santorini?

I have heard horror stories about the expense of the food in Santorini.

Now, I love Santorini - it's just been a while since I've been.

I don't remember the food being pricy, and I don't remember where to go. Do you have any advice? I want to try some of the authentic Santorini foods.

Truly, it's been at least five years since I have been, if not longer.

Where in Santorini is it Best to Stay?

In an earlier post, I asked where to stay in Oia. Now, I am even rethinking if I want to stay in OIa. I am curious - I have about 3 nights to spend in Santorini and I am wondering where it is best to stay. Is it Oia, or is that not even the best spot? I have actually been to Fira once, for maybe a night, but it was so long ago I don't remember it. It also wasn't even memorable, or maybe it was the people I was with at the time. Should I not rule Fira out?

The donkeys of Santorini

These donkeys are famous! Hailing back from before Santorini was the biggest tourist hotspot, donkeys were used by locals to transport themselves and their goods up the hilly Santorini mountainside. Today, you may see a few donkeys used for these purposes but for the most part they are used for tourists to take a tour of the island.
9A8A39F1-280D-4B9A-9567-4BAFA018DB45.jpeg
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow Worldwide Greeks:
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Pinterest YouTube