1 - 2 of 2 Posts

blopez34

The SeaBus is available from the Town of Mykonos, also known as Chora and the Old Port, and goes to the New Port of Tourlos and vice-versa. The New Port of Tourlos is where you will also find the cruise dock. At Old Port Mykonos there is the bus station and taxi station. Wherever you are coming from in Mykonos, you will have access to the SeaBus. The SeaBus departs every 30 minutes, so if you’re traveling with the intention of seeing more sites on the other side, you won’t have to wait long. I love using it and would really recommend.

seabus.jpg

Reactions: Hash
The SeaBus is available from the Town of Mykonos, also known as Chora and the Old Port, and goes to the New Port of Tourlos and vice-versa. The New Port of Tourlos is where you will also find the cruise dock. At Old Port Mykonos there is the bus station and taxi station. Wherever you are coming from in Mykonos, you will have access to the SeaBus. The SeaBus departs every 30 minutes, so if you’re traveling with the intention of seeing more sites on the other side, you won’t have to wait long. I love using it and would really recommend.

View attachment 435

This is great advice. I have actually never used it and have only taken ferries, but I think this is a great option for people that appears to be more efficient than the Ferry in certain situations.

Reactions: Hash

Good Clubs in Mykonos?

I have heard mixed reviews about partying in Mykonos. Some really love it, some can't stand it. I love a good nightclub so I am hoping I will love it. I love to dance, too. I don't like anything over the top, just normal club vibes.

I did some preliminary research. What do you guys think?

- Scarpa
- Skandinavian Bar
- Cavo Paradiso
- At54

I don't know how to tell if any of these are still open.

How expensive is Mykonos?

I won't be going this year, but I am starting to plan for next year. I plan to be in a Greece for at least a month and someone I am traveling with is adamant about wanting to experience some clubs in Mykonos.

I think it does look fun, but I am concerned with whether or not it is expensive. I heard it can get bad. We have a limited budget... can we navigate the expense of it, and find less expensive ways to enjoy it. Can we?

Advice for an extended stay in Mykonos

I plan to be on Mykonos for about a month over the summer and I honestly feel like I am a bit late to the party securing a rental for that long. I am not seeing much on airbnb.

That could change as more properties become available... I don't know.

Am I missing something? Are there other networks that people use when going to Mykonos that I maybe haven't thought of? I don't want to move mid trip but I guess I could. Like do a week here and there. It could give me a chance to see different things on the island.

Packing for Mykonos Trip

I am going to be in Mykonos mid-September. Is it still warm enough for some solid beach time?

During the trip we will also be sightseeing, going out for dinner, doing some boating (friends), and maybe renting jet skis or something like that.

Latest I have ever been to Mykonos has been mid-August. Is the weather in September that much different?

Sightseeing Priorities in Mykonos

I will be in Mykonos for about 6-7 days but some of that will be taken up with a wedding and the related festivities.

I estimate I might have 4 full days to sightsee that don't involve the wedding. This isn't a lot of time. I will get at least one beach day, and I would like to get to know the island - its history, culture, etc.

Do you have any suggestions on how to prioritize?
Share and discuss your Mykonos photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back