1 - 8 of 8 Posts

redsoxdw_

Pefkos is an absolutely amazing destination to go to on the island! It has a great beach and wonderful restaurants and coffee shops in the area. The beach is not overcrowded and I personally think its a great place to go with family and kids. There aren't too many organized activities on the beach but it is great for swimming. Here is a great areal view of the beach.

Reactions: Laura48
Pefkos is a purpose built resort. It caters mainly for the British.With quizes & band tribute acts.

Pefkos is a purpose built resort. It caters mainly for the British.With quizes & band tribute acts.
Im not a fan of the tribute acts!!

Reactions: redsoxdw_
I have never been to Pefkos! Looks like an interesting place that might be worth checking out. Does anyone know if there is a cafe near the beach?

Yes Lee beach cafe is next to a beach.
www.mypefkos.com has a web camera showing the beach

Reactions: redsoxdw_
I have never been to Pefkos! Looks like an interesting place that might be worth checking out. Does anyone know if there is a cafe near the beach?
There’s a few beaches and theres a restaurant, cantina or cafe by all of them. Very much a tourist resort, but a lovely place to holiday and relax. I’ll be there in 2 weeks, can’t wait.

Reactions: nadellii
There’s a few beaches and theres a restaurant, cantina or cafe by all of them. Very much a tourist resort, but a lovely place to holiday and relax. I’ll be there in 2 weeks, can’t wait.
Enjoy!!! I love Rhodes

Reactions: Laura48

Taking a boat trip around Rhodes?

Has anyone ever taken a boat trip around the island of Rhodes?

From what I've researched, there are a plethora of options, from luxurious yachts to quaint sailing boats, each promising an unforgettable journey across the Aegean Sea. 🌊

What I'm Looking For:

• Recommendations for boat tour companies you trust.
  • Tips on hidden gems and must-see spots along the coastline or nearby islets.
  • Any advice on the best time of day or year for smooth sailing.
  • Insights on what to bring apart from the obvious (sunscreen, hat, camera—you get the drift).
Anything you can help me with is very much appreciated!

Large Venomous Jellyfish Spotted off Greece's Rhodes -

Holiday season coming to a close in Greece & the islands

Soon tavernas/bars & shops will be closing until 2024.By mid november it will be very quiet.

Visiting Ancient Ramiro's on Rhodes

I realized I have never seen this site and I am traveling with history buffs. I thought I'd ask you all for some advice:

1. Best Time to Visit: What’s the best time of year to explore Ancient Kamiros to avoid the crowds but still enjoy good weather?
  2. Getting There: Are there public transportation options available, or would renting a vehicle be advisable? Any tips on parking or the best times to arrive?
  3. Must-Sees: Within the site, are there any particular spots or artifacts that are a must-see? I'm interested in capturing some great photos and soaking in the history.
  4. Tour. Should I take a tour? Anything to recommend?

Euronet are continuing to install their ATMs

This American company have installed thousands of ATMs in Greece.I saw a new one today 22 February has been installed @ Afandou opposite a taverna & near a bus stop.
Their rate of exchange is pits & their withdrawl fee is high.So best avoided.
Share and discuss your Rhodes photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join Worldwide Greeks here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back