1 - 2 of 2 Posts

efhernandez_

I've been wanting to get more and more into watching ancient Greek plays both online and hopefully in person when I get to visit Greece. Does anyone have any advice on some good intro ancient plays to watch? And may be any advice on where I can watch these online? I know that some of them may be done by English-speaking actors and some may be done by Greek speaking actors, with English subtitles. Those are my two preferences of course, as I don't speak Greek. I'm not a super big fan of watching movies, and I've always been into theatre from when I was a small child. Thanks everyone

k_tsoukalas

I love the theater. I have never done this, but I have always wanted to watch an Ancient Play in one of the Ancient Theaters in Greece!

The most famous byzantine style buildings!

Byzantine architecture is one of the hallmarks of Greek buildings, especially churches and holy sites. Some of the most famous Byzantine style buildings include the Hagia Sophia (of course), Hagia Irene, Cathedral Church of Agia Sophia of Thessalonica, and the Monastery of Saint John the Theologian. These buildings have striking Byzantine architecture with beautiful domes on top and ornate designs inside. I can't wait to visit one day.

"Cloudy Sunday" or "Ouzeri Tsitsanis" is a fantastic Greek film about love during Nazi occupation

This is one of Greece's best historical time piece films. The story follows a love between a Christian boy and a Jewish girl during the Nazi occupation in Greece. The story of occupation is not widely known around the world, but it is something very near and dear to Greek peoples hearts. It was a very dark time during Greece history, and the effects of the occupation were very strong, especially on the countries Jewish and Roma population. Let me know if you like this film.

New archaeological museum maps history of western Crete .

Well,at last hope commences!

The uninhabited island of Delos hosts its first concert in thousands of years!

The island of Delos has been uninhabited since the ancient times. In Greek mythology, it is considered to be the birthplace of Apollo. The island is full of ancient Greek history, and it now stands as an archeological site that people can visit near the island of Mykonos. In just about a week, there will be a concert which will bring musicians from around the world to hold a special concert on the island. I have my fingers crossed that we'll see more and more of these performances over time, and the tourists will be able to visit the site and see some more parts of modern Greek culture like this concert.
Share and discuss Greek history!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter