1 - 7 of 7 Posts

nadellii

I'm planning my trip to Santorini and I really want to get a taste of authentic Santorini food. What are your favorites and what is it like?

The food in Greece is amazing and Santorini it is equally as good!

My advice would be to stay away from the super trendy, touristy places if you are looking for authentic and local flavors of Santorini.

Other than than the amazing wine in Santorini, Katsouni cucumbers found in Santorini are truly amazing:

katsouni-cucumbers-720x960 (1).jpeg

I'm planning my trip to Santorini and I really want to get a taste of authentic Santorini food. What are your favorites and what is it like?
Definitely try ntomatokeftedes (fried tomato balls)local grown fava, xloro cheese and white eggplant. Combine with fresh fish and nuxteri wine.Yiami!!

Reactions: dubai_suzie
Definitely try ntomatokeftedes (fried tomato balls)local grown fava, xloro cheese and white eggplant. Combine with fresh fish and nuxteri wine.Yiami!!
Fried tomato balls!! Sounds delicious, book me a flight to Santorini ASAP!

You may be too stunned by the beauty to think of food!

Santorini is famous for their " Τοματοκεφτεδες " Tomatokeftethes . Tomato balls , just like meat balls , but with tomatos .

The memorable foods I ate in Santorini involved tomatoes! The soil conditions are unique because of the volcanic activity, and they are extra sweet. They have these tomato croquettes that are delicious "domatakeftedes" :

Tomato-Keftedes.jpg

Looking for Museums and Galleries to Visit on Santorini

I'm planning a trip to the enchanting island of Santorini, Greece, and am keen on immersing myself in the local art scene and history. Santorini is renowned not only for its breathtaking sunsets and stunning landscapes but also for its rich cultural tapestry. I aim to soak up as much of this cultural richness as possible during my visit.

In preparation for this adventure, I'm reaching out to this knowledgeable community for recommendations on must-visit museums and art galleries on the island. I'm interested in both well-known spots and hidden gems that capture the essence of Santorini's history, art, and culture.

Additionally, if anyone has insights on the best times to visit these spots to avoid crowds or to participate in any special events or exhibits, that would be wonderfully helpful.

Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences and recommendations. I look forward to exploring Santorini’s cultural treasures and creating unforgettable memories on this trip!

Off the beaten track suggestions for Santorini?

I've been completely mesmerized by the postcard photos of Santorini, but beyond the blue domes and the sunsets of Oia, I'm looking to uncover some of the island's best-kept secrets. What do you suggest?

Have you stumbled upon any villages, beaches, or local haunts here that you loved? Or maybe historical sites too? I am just looking to do something different that what is typical.

Views like this wouldn't hurt!

santorini-greece.jpg

Advice on galleries to visit in Fira?

I heard that Santorini is a great place for artists and people who admire art. I will be in Santorini for a cruise stop soon, but I will only have time to explore Fira.

I'm planning a trip to the beautiful island of Santorini and, as an enthusiastic art lover, I'm eager to immerse myself in the local art scene. Fira, with its stunning caldera views and charming streets, is on my travel itinerary, and I would love to explore some art galleries while I'm there.

From what I've gathered, Santorini, and Fira in particular, is a hub for vibrant art, showcasing everything from contemporary pieces by local artists to ancient artifacts that narrate the island's rich history. However, with such a plethora of options, it's a bit overwhelming to choose where to start.

Anyone have any advice?

santorini-greece.jpg

Best Souvenirs to Bring Back from Santorini

I am going to Santorini soon and I love to shop and get gifts for people.

Could anyone suggest the best souvenirs to take home from Santorini that would give a taste of the local culture and charm to friends and family? I'm looking for things that are unique to the island - something you can't find just anywhere else!

Any tips on where to find these local treasures would be super helpful, too.

santorini-shopping.jpg

Oia Santorini Sunset Cruise

I found this video of a sunset cruise in Oia on Santorini and I am intrigued! I'll share the video, and I am curious if any of you have tried this. I had a terrible experience fighting for a standing spot last time I was in Oia.

Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology.
Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Back