1 - 3 of 3 Posts

greggd12

Which beach is ideal for diving and snorkelling? I would love to see some killer coral reefs!

Reactions: knicks_fan87

Jerry s

In my opinion Kakava reef near Skala has to be one of the best in the Island. Most of the reef is 3- 4 mtrs deep with crystal clear water.

Reactions: knicks_fan87

knicks_fan87

Emblisi beach is also pretty great

I visited Gentilini winery in Kefalonia and it was amazing!

Gentilini is a really small family winery on the island that has a great selection of wines. I went on the tour and was able to see where all of the wines were made. Tours start in Easter and end in October, highly recommend to anyone visiting Kefalonia during those months.

The Iakovatios library and museum in Kefalonia

This museum and library has so much history. I would love to hear personal reviews if anyone has been. It is housed in an old mansion that was owned by the Typaldi-Iakovatios family. It is one of those places that survived after the massive earthquake that hit the island. However, it did sustain some damage during it. The mansion was restored in 1984 and is now home to a vast collection of books (around 20,000) and other collectibles.

Where is the best place to go diving and snorkelling in Kefalonia?

Which beach is ideal for diving and snorkelling? I would love to see some killer coral reefs!

Greeces most unique lighthouse is in Kefalonia!

This is the only lighthouse ive seen that doesn't even look like a lighthouse! It was originally built in 1828 by a British administrator named Charles Napier. The lighthouse was completely destroyed during an earthquake that ravaged the island back in the 1950’s but was rebuilt in the 1960’s. I love how there's so much history behind every building in Greece :)

Lighthouse-of-Saint-Theodoroi-720x480.jpg

Kefalonia has a brand new and sustainable wind farm!

I am so happy the Greece is becoming more sustainable because we deserve it! There is so much great innovation that is coming out of Greece like this new wind farm in Kefalonia! It reminds me of the classic wind mills that I have seen in Mykonos and all over Greece. It is great that Greece is taking advantage of its natural resources like solar power and wind power and I am curious to see how this expands into tourism options like eco-tourism that I see becoming popular in other countries.
Share and discuss your Kefalonia photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter