1 - 2 of 2 Posts

toniiv

Being the most touristic island in Greece, Santorini has amazing and unique boutiques and shopping opportunities. The only downside is that the shops can get a bit pricy especially if the items are handmade in Greece. You will be able to find some of the best stores in Oia. I can spend hours walking up and down the cobblestone streets browsing the wonderful stores and grabbing small souvenirs for my friends.

Here are some of the most famous and popular stores...

k_tsoukalas

The boutique hotels on Santorini are fantastic. The island draws a lot of tourists, but the hotels are on the smaller side. I always thought that this was a charming thing on Santorini, but I also suspect that it is practical - the island doesn't seem to have the resources or infrastructure to support larger hotels.

Donkey rides through Santorini

This is one of the main tourist attractions on the island! You can take a donkey all the way up or all the way down this long and twisty ledge. This is how the original islanders used to do it in the old days, and still do now!

Is it worth staying at a beachfront hotel in Santorini?

One of the most common things I've heard about Santorini is that it is great for sightseeing and walking around but it is not that great for beaches and swimming. I've heard that the beaches are also hard to get to and are usually at the bottom of a cliff...that being said, does it make sense to get a beachfront hotel in Santorini? Is it true that the beaches aren't that great? Im wondering how much of my time I will actually spend at the beach. Looking forward to replies...thanks!

What do you recommend for a three day trip to Santorini?

I'm thinking of only visiting Santorini for three days. My friends are a big history lovers and they want to spend most of our trip to Greece in Athens. But I convinced them that there's no way we're visiting Greece without visiting Santorini. So we decided on just three days, what are the must see things to do on the island? Any advice is much appreciated.

Have you ever heard of Santorini tomato fritters?

I had never heard of this until I stumbled upon this article. It sounds a bit strange but it's something that I'd love to try making, anything that from is from the island of Santorini sounds tasty to me. This is also a really good recipe for anyone who is fasting, or for anyone who is avoiding meat. I personally am a big fan of tomatoes and I will definitely be trying these out soon. What does everyone think?

Has anyone taken a cruise to Santorini?

I've always considered whether it's a good idea to take a cruise around the islands, or just visit them myself. Has anyone taken a cruise around Santorini and the neighbouring islands? I don't know the pros and cons and whether it's a good value. I'm looking for someone with personal experience who can share a bit about their trip. If you have any specific companies that would also be great. Thank you in advance.
Share and discuss Santorini photos, questions and experiences!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter