1 - 2 of 2 Posts

seleanor

I was originally interested in learning Greek but the more I speak with Greek people the more I've become interested in learning about the religion! Which days are important to attend church leading up to the holiday on August 15? are there any special traditions that occur? Thank you to everyone

k_tsoukalas

I was originally interested in learning Greek but the more I speak with Greek people the more I've become interested in learning about the religion! Which days are important to attend church leading up to the holiday on August 15? are there any special traditions that occur? Thank you to everyone
The religion is such a big part of the culture! Here are some religious articles to enjoy:

Also, specifically, here is one about the August 15 feast day:

This is what a Greek Orthodox baptism looks like!

Here is a short video for anyone that's curious about what happens at a Greek Orthodox baptism

Play this Greek holiday playlist for your upcoming gatherings

I love festive music 🎶 🎄 This playlist covers all of the most popular Greek Christmas songs

Words that are difficult to translate from Greek to English

Φιλοξενία – Filoksenia: This is the idea of being generous and offering friendship (in a loving way) to a stranger or foreigner. This word does not exist in most other languages and is a big part of Greek Culture and expression.

Για πάρτη μου – Ya Parti Mou: Technically this phrase means “for me” and it is used to mean “treating yourself” well.

Φιλότιμο – Filotimo: This means honor and truth and friendship, and loyalty to one another.

This is what a Greek Pontian wedding precession looks like!

I love seeing all of the different cultural traditions that exist in Greece! So beautiful

How to dance tsifteteli (Greek bellydancing)!

I love these tutorials :) gotta start practicing for the Greek festivals next Sumer (hopefully I will be able to attend)

Share and discuss Greek traditions related to Greek weddings, christenings, dance & holidays!

WorldwideGreeks.com is a free online forum community where people can discuss Greek food, travel, traditions, history and mythology. Join WorldwideGreeks.com here!

JOIN COMMUNITY FOR FREE

LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT
Follow WorldwideGreeks.com:
Facebook Instagram Twitter